1100 Starter Motor Dying

Currently reading:
1100 Starter Motor Dying

tumi1986

Hi Guys

Please help I recently got a new installed on my fiat uno 1100, the guy I got the engine from said it's the 1100 however the engine seems like it's 1400 judging from its perdomance amd it came with a banana branches and had double spark plugs on it I mean how can one install the double spark plugs on a small engine like 1100. Now my problem it's the starter motor after having installed the engine the car ran fine for the first day later that day the starter died, we took it out only to find out it killed amature and the top bush went out its my original starter that came with the car (magnetti marelli) I requested another starter from the guy I got the engine from its a Bosch it fitted right on the gearbox but won't turn the ring gear it seems like the problem lies with bendix drives it can't reach properly on the ring gear I tried another starter from a local guy Lukas starter also does the same as Bosch starter, they do fit they turn perfectly as they are new starters but the problem seems to be the gearbox housing of this cars, finally I took my original magnetti marelli to a local auto electrician guy who deals this things he managed to get it right I went to fetch it yesterday we fitted it and the car was perfect upon stopping and starting the car again it started the symptoms it made before the starter died and then finally it went out again, we took it out it was hot that you couldn't touch it and the buch was lost again, ave tried many possible things what could be the problem, my guess with the mechanic is that the starter is straining too much with the engine as he also said that the engine is bigger that mine or what can I do to utilize the Bosch and Lukas starter I can't change the gear box my gearbox is still perfect please help I took the starter back to the auto electrician guy this morning but am afraid it will keep dying I don't have a budget for a new starter of magnetti marelli.

Unless you have been really working it, a hot starter motor usually means a dead starter motor. Fiat dont change anything they don't have to change so it's quite possible a more recent unit would fit.

Back