Technical Sporting speedo sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Sporting speedo sensor

sounds as though he want's to totally disconnect the speedo ,so the car doesn't register milage

so a question danny ,i do trucks so we have encrypted senders on the gearbox for the tacho ...so if fiat use the abs for it's speed signal,as obviosly abs ceates a speed signal ,which i imagine would be used for the dualogic box ,as before it can change up or down gear it would need to know (a) how hard the engine is working (b) speed of the wheels...all done through the can....so i take it that the signal would come from the front wheels , and if he wants to disable the speedo then he would also disable the abs ??,if so not clever or legal

sounds as though he want's to totally disconnect the speedo ,so the car doesn't register milage

so a question danny ,i do trucks so we have encrypted senders on the gearbox for the tacho ...so if fiat use the abs for it's speed signal,as obviosly abs ceates a speed signal ,which i imagine would be used for the dualogic box ,as before it can change up or down gear it would need to know (a) how hard the engine is working (b) speed of the wheels...all done through the can....so i take it that the signal would come from the front wheels , and if he wants to disable the speedo then he would also disable the abs ??,if so not clever or legal

Speed is usually calculated from an average of all 4, or just the rear two (readings from the front can be false due to wheelspin).

Disconnecting the speedo cluster solves nothing as the mileage is also recorded in the Engine management, and can never be over-written/altered. ;)

Disabling the ABS has the obvious issues, plus it will affect the Engine management regarding fuel economy and general running. Plus the speed-sensitive volume won't work on the radio. :cry:

Take it to a Dealer and get them to print-off the Odometer reading from the Engine management ECU. Only way to change that is to physically replace the ECU, and most people wouldn't go that far.

Back