Styling Sporting Centre Console...

Currently reading:
Styling Sporting Centre Console...

Tyrrell5953

Hi Guys,

I have just looked at the guide to remove the centre console on a MK2 however after i have taken all the nuts out i cant seem to get the fascia off?

It seems as thought it goes all around my gear stick and i dont want to start ripping it off in case i damage something.

Anybody got any advice/tips?

Thanks,

Kyle

Cheers guys, i will do it this weekend.

I don't suppose you know how many LED's i would need to order if i want to replace all of the console lights?

Thanks

Kyle

Also, two screws under the ashtray/lighter socket.

Fitting LEDs... Careful...! ;)
The heater controls are illuminated by four 1.2W wedge-base bulbs, not LEDs. I expect you can buy a push-in LED replacement for the bulb, but the fascia has orange-ness built into it as a printed film. It will be difficult to change the colour. I decided not to bother - also, I snapped off the light-guide for the fresh air/recirculate lever illumination as I removed the console - so take care, it's delicate :eek:

The four round switches (+two window switches) have LEDs, so that's only 6-8 required if you choose to do them.

I'm surprised that Tris is still masquerading as a Mk2 Punto driver - I think he has a Fiesta now :p

Cheers!
-Alex

Last edited:
you can remove the orange filters on the dials (at least i managed to do it to the everyone but the middle one. the elec windows switches need smds to be soldered on the to circuit board.

Back