Speed/rev limiter.

Currently reading:
Speed/rev limiter.

Cruise control is knocked off the moment you touch either the brake or accelerator pedal, a speed limiter would operate similarly, so those of us who are happy to get fined and lose points can still do so.:)

A speed limiter could be designed so that there is no need to take your eyes off the road, I doubt that F1 drivers have to look at any inboard controls and their engines are limited to 19,000 rpm anyway.

Whoever mentioned slowing from 60 to 30 can be problematic, that's what the middle pedal is for sir.;)

My car can be tracked online 24/7, I can tell what speed it is doing and what road its on, and then can be switched off from the comfort of my computer should it not be me driving it....the technology is there, but in my opinion, there is no replacement for the skill and concentration that is required to drive what esentially is half a tone of misile. I can certainly see in the not too distant future that there will be devices that simply limit your car to the "speed limit" as you drive into different areas i.e a 30 zone, but will it real

An%20open%20hand%20symbol%20of%20need.gif

images-miscellaneous-2006-eye-500x500.jpg

pod_foot.jpg

Brain.gif

istockphoto_1708019_coordination.jpg

or......

istockphoto_2556312_cry_baby.jpg

My car can be tracked online 24/7, I can tell what speed it is doing and what road its on, and then can be switched off from the comfort of my computer should it not be me driving it

yeah the technology is definately there, on one of my old civics i fitted a similar system but i could control it from my phone, the alarm system in the car was basically like a phone and had preset text messeges stored on it and if it receivied these messages from my phone it would carry out different tasks including stopping dead in the middle of the road and talking to the people that robbed your car.,lol., that would be a laugh huh,.

At the moment i have a little device that attaches to the rearview mirror and it gives digital speed readings and RPM ect but it also has the function to have the rev and speed limit set so that when you go beyond them it makes a really annoying noise and flashes red, My sat nav also has the option to warn me of speeding built in..,

If you can't monitor your own speed, you shuldn't be on the road.

The police will never have automatic speed limiters, they would lose all their revenue from speeding fines etc.
:D When my dad was young they were saying that man would never fly in a powered flying machine!

When I was young there was no such thing as plastic that you know today.

When the steam engine first took to rails, it was thought that travelling over 30mph would make people unconscious.

Never say never!;)

:D When my dad was young they were saying that man would never fly in a powered flying machine!

When I was young there was no such thing as plastic that you know today.

When the steam engine first took to rails, it was thought that travelling over 30mph would make people unconscious.

Never say never!;)

that is true!

The government always endevour to make money out of the easy targets they call motorists, and I don't think that will ever change. The day thats stops is the day I eat my own testicles, and I don't think i'll be reaching for the salt and pepper just yet. ;)

Whoever mentioned slowing from 60 to 30 can be problematic, that's what the middle pedal is for sir.;)

i hope that wasn't aimed at me. as i said that maintaining a 30 without constantly checking the speedo is easy, except when just coming from a 60 zone. i can get in my car. drive out my road, onto the main road and be fairly confident that i'd be doing 30 without even looking at my speedo. whereas i can't do the same immediately after slowing down to 30 from 60. i didn't mention anything about slowing down was the problem.

Back