Technical slow after constant speed, MAF voltage reads 0.00

Currently reading:
Technical slow after constant speed, MAF voltage reads 0.00

marzon

My 2.4 TD has a problem,
it runs fine, up to a moment I keep constant speed for a while, doesn't seem to matter which speed, when I try to accelerate after a while of constant speed, there's nothing happening... however, when I put my foot on the clutch and idle the engine a couple of seconds, all power is awake again.

in an attempt to localise the problem, I connect fiat ecuscan, I got 3 error codes, and found a broken ground cable to the gearbox (the main one), fixed the ground first, cleared codes and checked ecu again 2 days later, again 3 codes,
95 ECU defect, I find strange since engine is running
19 glow system value , got that cleared and stayed away
0F EGR value constant , wich I have peace with since I've put a block on the vacuum hose going into EGR actuator, with no vacuum, it can never open the valve.

blocking the EGR control did not change anything concerning the problem of accelleration. (was just trying to find out if EGR was causing problem)

after A few times crashing fiatecuscan, and restarting comunication, I got no errors anymore ??

off coarse at least EGR will come back on once I start driving...

second problem, I found in fiatecuscan live monitoring , the voltage for MAF is 0.00Volts, and its very consistent doing that, no matter what throttle position
also with hose from air filter removed, pushing the valve of the MAF when engine idling doesn't make any difference at all in the sound or revs of the engine, is that normal ?
now that I think of it , I didn't try monitoring the voltage when pushing the valve when engine stopped. however I can't see it being logical to have 0.00 volts when engine is running , it is not fully closed at that situation.

another question, is there a reference list of error codes obtained from fiatecuscan ?

there are lists online, but my codes are not on them, I don't get a letter prefix, although it must be P, since I'm working engine ecu.

I had the same problem with my td125, dip the clutch and full power was restored. I didn't get around to fixing it properly before it got written off (blub!) it had lees than 40,000 on the clock. I did find however, that when I replaced the narrow (6 mm internal dia?) vacuum pipe along the top of the engine, mine had yellow stripe, it improved matters. There is/was a fix on a french website that involved replacing a resistor in the square aluminium maf, or rather debimeter as it's referred to. If I can find a link, I'll send it to you, otherwise it's work searching online particularly if you include 'debimeter' in the search terms.

Back