Technical Sidelight Issues

Currently reading:
Technical Sidelight Issues

DMCarr

Hello everyone,

Today I had a new car stereo fitted on my 2002 MK2 1.2 and on my way home, I was stopped and told my indicator lights were staying on. So I get home and have a look and find that the indicator lights and sidelights won't turn off, even after turning everything off and removing the keys from the ignition they stay on. I have had to disconnect the battery in order to turn the lights off.

I called the people who fitted the stereo and they say the lights were like that when they fitted it, which they were not, but I can't prove they are lying.

I have had a look through the forums but I can't find anyone with the same problem so any help short of calling an auto electrician would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, David.

well pull the radio out and if the problem goes away (which i suspect it will) you have a justifiable reason to take the car back to the installers and ask them to fit it properly however if they are already opting for the old excuse of "it was like that when we got it" then i doubt you're going to get very far with them.

I suspect they've either fitted it without isolating the canbus leads or they have hacked into the interior/dash lighting to provide an ignition feed which with the radio switched off is pushing a small reverse current into the lighting circuit.

how much did you pay these idiots to fit your radio? i think it only right you name and shame them everywhere you can !

Back