General Should i buy a Schumacher?

Currently reading:
General Should i buy a Schumacher?

jamesfarnden

Posted a thread on here a few weeks ago about buying a standard manual abarth and was promptly told to buy a Schumacher version instead. I have found a couple of these and wondered if it was a worthwhile purchase? I am looking for servicing and mpg costs before deciding. The car i am looking at in particular is a prodrive version and is a 55 plate with 36,000 on the clock for under 5 grand. Please advise!

Can't speak for servicing as I do my own, but average mpg will be between 25 and 30 depending on driving style. You're deffo looking at the best version IMHO (and a recent article in Auto Italia magazine agreed).

Posted a thread on here a few weeks ago about buying a standard manual abarth and was promptly told to buy a Schumacher version instead. I have found a couple of these and wondered if it was a worthwhile purchase? I am looking for servicing and mpg costs before deciding. The car i am looking at in particular is a prodrive version and is a 55 plate with 36,000 on the clock for under 5 grand. Please advise!

Under 5k id defo get one :p

THe car has had 3 owners already since Sept 05. Shoulsd i be concerned that it may be a pup? It has full fiat service history though.

Was thinking the same thing. Was hoping it was the latter rather than the former!

Ok guys getting serious now. The cars plate is DX55LMY if anyone knows or knows anyone that has owned it and anything dodgy about it let me know!

I wouldn't worry about the number of owners, my Abarth had had alot more than that before I got it and it runs like a dream! (Touch wood!) :D As said, people buy the 2.4 without realising that it's not a particularly cheap car to own and run, so they tend to keep it for a year and then change it. Just make sure it's got a full service history and you should be fine.

If you're worried at all, get it looked at by the AA before you buy, worth the piece of mind and make sure you get a warranty if you can (y)

Good move going for the GP version, I've got the Prodrive suspension on mine and it really suits the car and british roads. The standard Schumacher is just an Abarth without any of the electrical goodies :(

I agree with Gregers (y)

The very type of person that buys a Schumacher is the very same person that gets bored very easily and moves on to something else.

I'd still be wanting a good warranty though.

Ok guys getting serious now. The cars plate is DX55LMY if anyone knows or knows anyone that has owned it and anything dodgy about it let me know!

Red Devil's showee was a 55 plate and he recently got rid of his for an alfa..PM or email him to see if thats his old one ..if it is steer very clear of it cos its a bad one ..lots of work done on it and it was running like a dog when he got rid..Mark will give you the full SP on it if its his old car..

This is a private sale so no chance of a warranty. The guy has had it for 18 months and has inherited a new car so the Stilo has to go. Seems kosher enough but will check all avenues before parting wit my cash. Thanks to all for he replies.

Sorry, my typing is terrible. That should be with my cash, not wit. And the replies, not he! Thanks to all!

Anyone got any news on this car? Will not be buying for at least a couple of weeks so no need to all rush at once with the replies! Many thanks to all in advance.

Hello,
Look at a private warranty. I pay £30 a month (warranties direct)for my '02' Stilo Abarth, it's very comprehensive. So far not needed it but for the peace of mind its worth every penny.
Thanks
Natty.

Back