General Service

Currently reading:
General Service

Hello,

as my cinquecento MOT is due soon, i was thinking about putting my cinqy in for a service, at a garage, to change the usual things, coolant, engine oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs and check brake pads/discs and the general condition of the car.

I was thinking about getting the garage to do it (£35 per hour labour) as I dont currently have any tools with me , and also, i would not get the all important stamp in the service book, so i was wondering if i buy my own parts/liquid, how long would it take a garage to do it.

On side note, I seem to be having trouble getting into first gear while the car is moving( its very stiff when the car is moving ,but when stationary it slips in fine), so i checked the haynes manual, and it said to test if the clutch cable was tight enough, so i did the check and it was 15mm outside their guidelines, does that mean that the clutch cable is a bit slack?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

I was thinking about getting the garage to do it (£35 per hour labour) as I dont currently have any tools with me , and also, i would not get the all important stamp in the service book, so i was wondering if i buy my own parts/liquid, how long would it take a garage to do it.

You'll find that most garages will simply quote a fixed price for the service. As they can get the fluids for way less than you can (unless you're a CC member!), you're not going to save money by providing them with a can of oil.

I will phone the garage on monday, my only reason from providing them oil (i never knew i could get it cheap with a CC membership ;) ) was that i want to use the same GTX Magnatec that is in there already. I was also wanting some Paraflu Coolant put in too, thinking about getting some EON2 spark plugs too , just to try them out.

Thanks for the advice anyway (y)

Back