Off Topic Selling up

Currently reading:
Off Topic Selling up

JTDman

Oil under my finger nails
Just like to say thanks for all the advice on here and i still pop in for a nose, will be putting my multi on the bay soon with no mot :( dont know what it will reach but it will be a bargain in parts.

Putting a for sale addy in for the rear subframe (new) and factory fitted bushes on here if anyone is interested as i always intended to fit it to mine but dare i say it a chrysler voyager is taking its place.

Thanks again guys Craig.

Just like to say thanks for all the advice on here and i still pop in for a nose, will be putting my multi on the bay soon with no mot :( dont know what it will reach but it will be a bargain in parts.

Putting a for sale addy in for the rear subframe (new) and factory fitted bushes on here if anyone is interested as i always intended to fit it to mine but dare i say it a chrysler voyager is taking its place.

Thanks again guys Craig.

- I also went to the 'dark side'
- Grand Voyager CRD Ltd Edn 2.8L Turbo Diesel Long Wheelbase EURO Wagon (RG - 53 - H Series)
- if you can live with the Voyagers MPG after the BUG's excellent mileage you'll never look back

Best of luck Craig M8!

Thanks again guys Craig.

Sad to see you go, Craig :( . You've given a lot of people a lot of help and advice - the number of 'thanks' you've, clocked up is proof of that.

What's the reason for going with a Voyager?

Thanks guys, 4 kids now and up until the 4th came i said id always stick with the multi or at least a new shape , nearly bought a 57plate with the 17''s and it looked nice but just wanted a little more space.
A mate of mine buys and sells cars part time and he picked up a 2004 2.5crd for £1500 but needed a crank seal doing (box off) so the vayager hasnt been driven yet but its in his lockup with the engine and box out getting a new clutch cambelt waterpump crank seal and everything else thats hard to get to before the lump goes back in, £700 in parts alone atm :eek: Multi's are cheap motoring and you certainly realise this when you move on.
Oh and while waiting for parts it seemed just wrong not to paint the engine red lol, its faster already.

Sorry to hear you're selling up, The grand voyager is really well equipped just whatever you do don't crash it... this is what put me off buying one when I got rid of our multi, that and the low payload.
Quote from NCAP

The Voyager did so badly in the frontal impact that it earned no points, making it the worst of the group by some margin. The body structure became unstable and the steering column was driven back into the driver's chest and head. The Voyager acquitted itself better in the side-impact test, but there was still a fair risk of the driver injuring his abdomen. Chrysler chose the child restraints used in the tests, but the company makes no set recommendations to buyers. Euro NCAP believes it is the manufacturer's responsibility to provide proper restraint for every occupant and is surprised that Chrysler do not recommend a child seat for the Voyager.

Front impact
The steering wheel and air bag were forced upwards and into the driver's face, hitting his head hard and putting strain on his neck. The driver's chest also hit the steering wheel, increasing risk of injury. His knees were poorly protected too, and the chances of him injuring his left thigh were very high. The footwell spilt open and his lower legs and feet were poorly protected. The passenger also ran a considerable risk of chest injury.

Like I say don't crash. It's a shame they have a low score because they come with so many features and the seat layout is bang on for a 7 seater... Has yours got the multi DVD option?

No dvd , its the crd LX , aircon leather heated seats cruise control leccy mirrors , after an SX spec multi for 4 years it will be like ive inhereted the throne.
I knew they were bad on the tests but needed room and a boot, and this thing just happened to pop up at the right time so ill let you know in a year.;)

Sorry to see you drop the Bug JTDman,
I also went the Voyager route. (Wifey's got a lovely red 03 JTD Ugly Bug.) Mines a 2000 2.5. I have only a small list of gripes with the Voyager:

1. Make sure your gears select properly - 1st n 2nd syncro on mine is worn, so getting the gears is a bit of a pig. (Chrysler want £345 for a new syncro). Change the 10/40 oil every 20.000 miles to help ease the problem

2. Keep an eye on the front wheel bearings, I changed mine 6 months ago and the offside is rumbling already.

3. Rear brakes and cables need regular servicing to keep them shipshape.

4. I've had problems with my key, it doesn't always want to turn on, just poor design I think.

5. The A/C unit will let the gas out - their seals are crap. Can be fixed but its just another pain.

Would I buy another? -Yep, they are a really nice motor, best cruise control I have ever used, daughter loves the TV/CD player in the roof and the economy of the lazy 2.5 diesel is very good (between wolves and Munich we average 46 mpg on cruise at 60 mph. That's really not bad for tank that weighs in at about 2 ton.
Happy motoring
Oletimer

Back