General Seicento Clutch Problem

Currently reading:
General Seicento Clutch Problem

redseicento

Hi, Im new on here. Girlfriend has a seicento so thought it would be an idea to have a look around here.

Anyway, recently my girlfriend was driving and the car suddenly stopped going into gear and if it did go in gear, it would slip out or crunch really badly. This got her worried and she took it the garage where they adjusted the clutch cable, this seemed to work for a couple of weeks but its come back and got worse now. Ive been told that it could be the clutch plate that has worn.

I would rather have the opinion of someone on here who knows about fiats and seicentos.

If its simple ill do it myself however my girlfriends got it into her head she wants it doing properly so i could really do with advice as with cost and possible problems and solutions. Please help.

Thanks

Hi, and Welcome.

Check that the cable itself isn't in the process of breaking up, usually where it attaches to the mechanism above the nearside footwell, assuming RHD.

There can also be an issue where the release bearing wears through the clutch cover, and, of course, clutches do wear out.

If its not the cable then it really needs the box taking out to check, and while its out, you might as well put a clutch.

Cheers

D

Thanks very much, will have a look tomorrow.

Thanks for such a quick reply also, stopped her nagging now.

sounds similar to mine.reverse always goes with a crunch and noticed its creeping forward a touch now even with pedal to floor.just had a new cable before i bought it last August

Back