General sei wont start

Currently reading:
General sei wont start

hiya my seicento is playin up(n)
sum times it starts but every now an then when i turn the igntion 2 mar all i get is a clickin frm the realy next 2 the ecu an the code light flashes,it doesnt turn over at all,then if i leave it 4 abit an try it agen it starts 1st time.
when it does start sumtimes the code light comes back on when im driving but its not affecting the cars perfomance.then when i switch it off an on agen it will start 80% of the time,sum days the light doesnt come on atall.
i rang fiat the 1st time it happend an they told me its either a bad earth or the realy,i hav now changed the realy 2 a new 1 but the problem is still their,
any advice,

cheers just checkd that am its fine on real tight any other ideas, cud it be the battery or alternator.
ive heard the ecu's go on seicento(n)

That it starts sometimes would seem to show that the battery itself is OK. I'd check all the earths and the connections to the battery. The easiest way to do this is to wait till dark, pop the bonnet and have someone crank the engine while you look for blue sparks. Any blue spark indicates a loose or duff connection. Look particularly at the battery itself and at the starter motor.

Another trick is to use a jump lead as an earthing strap by running it directly from the battery - ive to the engine.

As it starts sometimes, I can't see it being the old seized alternator problem.

The ECUs on Seis seldom fail, and seldomer fail intermittently.

Keep at it -- it'll be something insignificant looking and silly.

Back