Season Greetings from Newbie

Currently reading:
Season Greetings from Newbie

leadevereux

Hi,
Wishing Season Greetings to all form a newbie with a new 2023 Ducato Multi Jet 3, 140hp (first van conversion).

Some advice is needed ref my intention to fit BFG KO tyers. Current size is 215/75/16 .
Would BFG KO 225/75/16 fit ok meeting speed / load requirements?

Any recommendations/advice would be most welcome.

Regards
Lea

Hi & Welcome Merry Twixmas to you too.

Speed and load requirements are not related too much to tyre size, you'd need to look on the tyre or your vehicles manual for those ratings. You can do a search for the tables which are readily available. (it's normally a letter followed by a two figure number).

Also the second figure is a percentage of the first figure to give you a tyre depth size, which if you ask around I'm pretty sure nobody (except the manufacturers) really know where it's measured from.

BUT...if you take your original tyre width (215) and take 75% (aspect ratio) of it (161) then do the same for the tyre you want to use (225) & (169) you can see that it is 8mm bigger or 16mm diameter. It affects your speedo, and may not fit in/clear your wheel arch.

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Hi & Welcome Merry Twixmas to you too.

Speed and load requirements are not related too much to tyre size, you'd need to look on the tyre or your vehicles manual for those ratings. You can do a search for the tables which are readily available. (it's normally a letter followed by a two figure number).

Also the second figure is a percentage of the first figure to give you a tyre depth size, which if you ask around I'm pretty sure nobody (except the manufacturers) really know where it's measured from.

BUT...if you take your original tyre width (215) and take 75% (aspect ratio) of it (161) then do the same for the trye you want to use (225) & (169) you can see that it is 8mm bigger or 16mm diameter. It affects your speedo, and may not fit in/clear your wheel arch.

Hope that helps a little.
Thanks very much for your swift reply and indeed for your explanation/ information it is very much appreciated.
Have a good one 👍🏻

Back