Technical Searching for wires

Currently reading:
Technical Searching for wires

Alexplose

Hello all,

In my MY2020 Ducato, the radio has de wirings for rear speaker, I found that previous Ducato models had a connector in the passenger pilar, but I can't find it in mine, where do these wires go ?

See this picture I took :

I have wires that are rear right & left speaker that goes into the dashboard.

As said in an article, there is a plug for these wires in the right pilar
Can't post link :(

But in my MY2020 there is nothing like this plug :(

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_205705.jpg
    IMG_20200206_205705.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 68
It's an option for bodybuilders, and will only be fitted if specified at the time the vehicle was ordered.

See this picture I took :

I have wires that are rear right & left speaker that goes into the dashboard.

As said in an article, there is a plug for these wires in the right pilar
Can't post link :(

But in my MY2020 there is nothing like this plug :(

Loom sections should be listed on ePER

HOPE its an Extension..
Not a whole different loom

Here is one more picture of wires that I don't know what they are for.

Any help on those?

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_205641.jpg
    IMG_20200206_205641.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 193
Your link shows that the van is likely fitted with one of the motorhome builder's Pioneer radio/sound system packages.

That means that the van would have been ordered by the motorhome converter with what is called the radio preparation option - basic wiring loom for an aftermarket radio. The wiring in vehicles ordered from Fiat with the radio preparation option is different to the wiring in vehicles fitted with Fiat factory radios.

The rear speaker wiring preparation socket is as far as I know only available with the factory fitted uConnect radio, which is connected through the canbus. Vehicles with factory radios have different radio wiring to vehicles supplied with aftermarket radio preparation as above.

When rear speakers are connected to the factory radio via the optional wiring socket in the door pillar (the conversion socket) they then have to be enabled by programming the body computer, which alters the configuration of the radio unit.

Fiat's explanation for the rear speaker preparation option states "Rear speaker wiring prep is available as an order option. Included with this package is the up-fitter interface connector. This option cannot be added at the aftermarket or by the dealer."

The website for your van shows that the rear view camera is probably either part of the Pioneer radio pack or the motorhome converter's optional "Serenity Pack". That means that the installation has been custom provided by the motorhome converter and is not standard Fiat wiring. If your van has the Pioneer radio, possibly the installation manual for that unit would help you, otherwise you would have to ask your motorhome converter Dreamer.

Last edited:
Thanks for your long and precise answer, I sent a mail a while ago to the builder with no answer yet, and with covid now, I'm not waiting anymore.

I also sent a mail to my seller, and also waiting for an answer.

Can anyone identify the loose cables with the red end in my last picture ?

Back