Scumbags!

Currently reading:
Scumbags!

Phil

Some thieving scum bags have mashed up the lock on the drivers side door of my beloved Punto Mrk.1, but luckily didnt get in. Must have been wanting to nick my 10 year old cassette stereo! If they did they would have realised that the car has a Cat 1 alarm immobiliser, I guess they thought that the flashing led was fake or something. This was parked outside an open estate agents in the middle of the day.

So I'm now going to buy some stickers to put in the windows, the installer recommended that it wasn't wise to use the manufacturers stickers so he didn't fit them.

But I'm not sure what to do about the lock, the key will no longer fit, and because I have the remote blipper, that's not a major problem for me. But I guess it will make it easier for someone in the future to break in with the dented in door/broken lock. I read elsewhere on this site that you can only get full lock sets from a Fiat dealer so that's going to be expensive, I'm guessing that claiming on the insurance will bite in to the excess and no-claims.
Has anyone been through this before, would de-locking be the answer and how much approximately would it cost?

get any punto door lock barrel and modify the tumblers so it fits your key. its really easy to do, when you insert your key inot the lock barrel you'll see the tumblers pull into the key, but they wont pul all the way in. you have to grind off the bits that are still protruding, then the lock will fit your key. replace this with the damaged lock and all is back to normal, should cost you £3 and take an hour all together.

but then the lock is a lot easier to turn with most other fiat or similar keys., would only take a few seconds to get in.,
I used to have a moped and with a fu*ed lock and did that but it would have been really easy to steal.,

Back