Technical Rusty sub frame - MOT

Currently reading:
Technical Rusty sub frame - MOT

ajs0303

Our Multipla is coming up for MOT at the end of the month and I know there is a hole in the sub frame that holds the bump stop on the offside.

The solution is really to change the sub frame but time and money being what they are I'm wondering if there might be another short term solution.

I know the absence of the bump stop is not an MOT failure so what I was thinking is if I remove it and cut off the mount from the sub frame in theory there is no failure. What do you think?

I'm sure lots of people will say this is a bad idea etc. but I'm really just looking at this short term until I start a new job in September and things will be a bit easier money wise and I can then get the sub frame replaced.

Any experience people have had previously etc would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

Can't answer on removing the bump stops but I have recently had my rear sub frame replaced for its mot because it was rotten. I got mine for £350 from Partsworld. This was a lot less than Fiat wanted for the same product. Hope this helps when you are ready to replace.

[email protected] supplied the subframe.

Regards

James.

Thanks for the reply Jambo1 I will take a look.

The good news is though that I didn't touch anything and it has passed this morning! I can now replace at my leisure.

Back