Technical Replacement Turbo for Ritmo TJET 1.4

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement Turbo for Ritmo TJET 1.4

NoRC

So.. the inevitable has occoured and my turbo has decided to die a horrible death. Spoke to Fiat here and they couldnt tell me what type of turbo was in my car or what the details on their $4,185 replacement one was other than it "was for the car".

My car for the records is a 2008 Jan built Fiat Ritmo 1.4L TJet Sport.

Could ANYONE help me determine what the turbo is so that I can source a cheaper turbo? Any help would be appreaciated. I don't care where it comes from so long as I can get it quick smart to the Gold Coast, Australia and is in brand new boxed condition. I do not want a second hand one.

Thanks in advance.

Wow $4k is a huge rip - have you considered a low blow aftermarket turbo?

I have a Punto 1.4T with the smaller turbo and in my family there's a Ritmo 1.4T as well. Out of interest how many kms have you done on your Ritmo?

I've clocked 95,000k's on it in 4.5 years... to be fair to the car i kinda missed the 50,000k service by 30,000k's however :)

I have however found the exact model,

FPT IHI Turbo
VL36 0711
21 0456/8
Part #55212916

And have found a company who can rebuild it for $700AUD :)

Considering the resale value of these are low I am going to fit a boost valve and up the PSI a little while they have it all apart. Should have it back on the road in about a week and a half for under $2K i hope.

VL36 is off the Abarth Punto.

The Bravo has a VL37 but if you're buying a new one get the VL36 and get it remapped to see some impressive gains.

I've clocked 95,000k's on it in 4.5 years... to be fair to the car i kinda missed the 50,000k service by 30,000k's however :)

I have however found the exact model,

FPT IHI Turbo
VL36 0711
21 0456/8
Part #55212916

And have found a company who can rebuild it for $700AUD :)

Considering the resale value of these are low I am going to fit a boost valve and up the PSI a little while they have it all apart. Should have it back on the road in about a week and a half for under $2K i hope.

$700 is much better haha, but yea have some fun with it, have you got more mods planned?

The low resale is a pain if you bought new (my Ritmo) but the Punto i picked up for $10k in march, with 26,000km, December '07 build, but '09 plated (Ateco loved holding stock like that for ages :/).

No mods planned as such... I recently updated the stereo with alpine Type-R sub & monoblock amp so it shakes like theres no tomorrow in the bass department.

Back