Technical Removing inlet manifold

Currently reading:
Technical Removing inlet manifold

Robgold123

Can i remove the inlet manifold on 1 1.9jtd 8v without removing the injector pump.im doing it with engine in and think i only have the 2 nuts on the cambelt end to get to..

prick of a job..had to take off injector pump + everything else around the back ..only to find that it fits into a recess in the top engine mount thing..so cam belt and engine mount/engine mount-mount need to come off..so much effort i think i am just going to change the engine to a low miles one i have spare..as i am halfway there anyway..anyone done an engine removal on a doblo?any tricks i should look out for?

just looking at the fiat cd thing .its saying to remove the engine by lifting the van up above the engine ...this isnt an option for me as im doing it on the side of the road...can i lift the engine and box out the top as one?or do i have to seperate them in situ then hoist out the engine..?

Isn't it the way they do engine removals these days with transverse engines?
A neighbours of mine that works at a Ford main dealer told me that most of this sort of work is done on a 4 post hoist with lifting bars and then with all the bottom components unbolted they lift the body work up away from the engine/gearbox and lower suspensionthat which is left as a complete lump.
They don't make it easy for us DIYer's do they(n)
Going back to us DIYers doing this job, since the cam belt has got to come off and with the top engine mount removed, does the supported engine not pull forward enough to get down behind the fuel pump?

i think i have the use of an engine hoist from a guy down the road..so unless i can get it out the top im f@#[email protected] the side engine mount off gives me a bit more room to work ,but seeing the time it took me mucking round back there and the fact that i dont know if it will fix my problem (removing inlet manifold to steam clean oil/**** in it as last resort to stopping a blue smoke 170k miles engine) ,thats why i figure im halfway there to swapping the engine over.. i have a jtd out of a stilo that has only done 60k ,i just need to swap exhaust manifold/turbo and the engine mount plate for it to fit in the doblo..it has a good clutch as well so need to find if that will fit too..im hoping if i cannot lift the whole unit out that i can support engine on hoist ,remove passenger side driveshaft and then pull gearbox off to rest on ground..then hopefully have room to lift the block out .i guess ill go out with a tape today and check some dimensions..

just an update ,i didnt realise the light cowling and front all unbolted..all that is off and everything bar powersteering lines disconnected..going to try hoist it out the top tomorrow..

engine and box lifted out .made it harder for myself as i didnt have the socket to remove the drivers side drive shaft..engine and box came out ..box first angled to the front out of the passenger side..i think putting it back in i am going to sit the box in the engine bay floor and lift engine in and mount..then fit gbox..was a mission changing all the bolt ons from the stilo engine to the doblo..all alenator mount plates ,engine mount plates ,sump ,needed swaping over..halfway there now

Back