Remote Start - wiring issue

Currently reading:
Remote Start - wiring issue

michaelfoz

Ive got the whole kit wired in except 2 wires.

wire 1 - feel so stupid for asking this but does anyone know where the door pin switch is. its the switch that discharges that capacitor that keeps the interior light on. any help would be laaaavely.

wire 2 - "engine start check" - this wire tells the unit when the engine is running. i've been told that the oil light switch on the dashboard is suitable for this. Anyone got any idea what colour this wire is and where i would find it?
orr
does anyone have any idea of other wires that i could use?
any help mucho appreciated
cheers

Ive got the whole kit wired in except 2 wires.

wire 1 - feel so stupid for asking this but does anyone know where the door pin switch is. its the switch that discharges that capacitor that keeps the interior light on. any help would be laaaavely.

wire 2 - "engine start check" - this wire tells the unit when the engine is running. i've been told that the oil light switch on the dashboard is suitable for this. Anyone got any idea what colour this wire is and where i would find it?
orr
does anyone have any idea of other wires that i could use?
any help mucho appreciated
cheers

This for the Punto in your pic? If so it won't work because of the immobiliser ;)

awwww i understand this now. For this to work i would have to basically leave the key in the ignition(I)
is this correct?

Indeed sir that is correct. (y)

i remember reading this. However ..

the unit that i bought shows on the wiring diagram to cut my immobiliser wire in half then wire it into two wires which reroutes the car immobiliser through my unit. If you look on the hawk car alarms website then you will see it on the diagram. Does this mean that if i run these wires correctly i will have remote start? :D

i remember reading this. However ..

the unit that i bought shows on the wiring diagram to cut my immobiliser wire in half then wire it into two wires which reroutes the car immobiliser through my unit. If you look on the hawk car alarms website then you will see it on the diagram. Does this mean that if i run these wires correctly i will have remote start? :D

No that's not the immobiliser, it's the ignition feed your suppose to cut, but being immobiliser it won't make a difference and still won't work.

Only way this would work is to tape another spare key to the ignition barrel part of the steering column so the immobiliser sees the chip there when you press the remote start but that means that your car then doesnt have an immobiliser and it can be easily stolen. So if you really want the remote start you put your car at a risk of being stolen a hell of a lot easier.

Back