General Rear FIAT badge on 08 grande punto

Currently reading:
General Rear FIAT badge on 08 grande punto

LordOslek

Afternoon everyone, I hope someone can help me.

Acquired a 2008 Grande Punto off my dad as a little runaround for my wife as her old car had to go (many electrical problems). One of the issues is I need to replace the rear FIAT badge on the boot.

I've got the badge bit I'm unsure on how it attaches. I've read a thread on here already ( grande-punto/425396-rear-tailgate-badge.html?425396=#post4074257 ) and it says about locating lugs and being stuck on.

So my question is 2 fold;

1. Where can I find these locating lugs? I've tried to order 2 different types off eBay and neither are the correct ones, I've even tried to ring the local dealer but not heard back from them.
2. 2. What do I use to stick the new badge back on? It previously had what looks like some sort of foam ok the back but that's not sticky on the badge anymore.
Any help will be greatly appreciated as there are a few jobs to do on this car to get it back to a good standard [emoji106]

Thanks.

I recently picked up a new badge for our 2006 GP to do the same job. I’m a little unsure whether you’ll be after a red or a blue badge, however the part number for the later is 735366069. I bought mine from eBay but I’m sure if you provide the aforementioned part number a local dealer will be able to help.

The locating lugs are moulded into the rear of the badge. It also came with an adhesive already applied so it’s just a case of removing the backing tape and offering it up to the boot of your car.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a red badge that I'm after, I already had a second hand badge but I've given up with trying to find a way of attaching it. I've found a new badge that comes with the locating a lugs and adhesive to attach it going from your eBay auction page.

Thanks for your help [emoji106]

Be aware I’m sure the rear badge on my old grande had a little bolt that held it in from the back, so it might be worth just checking if you have to remove the old one, last thing you want is to damage the body work trying to get a badge off that’s held with a bolt

Thanks for that info Andy. The badge is already off as it appears it wasn't attached very well (possibly been replaced before we got the car) so there is just a gap for it to fit back into [emoji106] which it will be once the new one arrives.

Back