Technical Rear camera won't come off, door sensor also borked

Currently reading:
Technical Rear camera won't come off, door sensor also borked

StarTrekLover

As I was busy highfiving myself for backing my girlfriend's motorhome through some really tight gate posts, I came to a sudden stop and realized I'd forgotten about the huge pine tree behind me.

The result: the rear left bumper took a beating, but thank god it was there. The rear left hinge holder got compressed, but I've managed to put that back into place.

However, what's still not working is that when driving, the rear camera is always on, and the car computer is not registering that the rear doors are properly closed.

I used to ride a Triumph Bonneville that broke down more than I'd care to admit, but thanks to that I'm also not a stranger to fixing stuff. Gonna take off the door cover tomorrow and have a look. Is there anything in particular I should be on the lookout for?

However, what's still not working is that when driving, the rear camera is always on,

That is how mine works. If the Monitor is switched off the display will still show the view when reverse gear is selected. If the Monitor is switched on it shows the view all the time. It remembers the ON/OFF setting so operates the way it did before the ignition was switched off when the ignition is next switched on.

Perhaps yours is similar and you have just switched the Monitor on?

That is how mine works. If the Monitor is switched off the display will still show the view when reverse gear is selected. If the Monitor is switched on it shows the view all the time. It remembers the ON/OFF setting so operates the way it did before the ignition was switched off when the ignition is next switched on.

Perhaps yours is similar and you have just switched the Monitor on?

Oh, interesting. This monitor is integrated into the radio screen though, so I'm a bit unsure about how it would've been turned on, and how to turn it off.

Another thought is that your shunt has caused a problem with the reversing lights and somehow this has caused the reverse trigger to be permanently operated. Are the reversing lights working as per normal?

The factory rear view camera integrated into the touchscreen radio is activated either when reverse gear is selected or when the rear doors are opened. As the impact damage has affected the rear door sensor causing the BCM to think that the doors are open, the camera will stay on until it has been told that the doors have been closed.

Back