Tuning RaceChip Chiptuning question

Currently reading:
Tuning RaceChip Chiptuning question

carlorff

I was thinking of buying a RaceChip form my 8v 88KW Fiat Bravo, to have a bit more power. I was looking to gain from 20-30 PS and around 50Nm. I checked all the suggested threads while creating a new one. I know that this is not the same as remapping, so I would like to get some comment from you guys, who are actually using a tunning box. Any tunning box if possible write down which one you are using, if you have a RaceChip product, you are welcome to write down what you think of it.Thank you.

I had a race chip pro box and a remap done to my bravo and to be honest I couldn't tell much difference between them. The remap power may have been been a little smoother. I think they both do a great job. I'm not sure about the changes they would make to your engine. is yours the 120bhp engine? If so then it's definitely worth it. I you will gain quite an improvement

Last edited:
Yes mine is 120PS, the only thing that keeps me from not buying one (RaceChip) is fear of damaging the engine or clutch...since I plan on keeping this car for at least two years if I will be lucky as I do like it.

Only you can decide whether to go through with it. We could all say "Oh yeah it's fine just go ahead and do it." and your engine pops and you come back all raging at us for saying it would be fine. All engines are different and you never know what might happen until it happens.

My opinion is that you will be absolutely fine, they are solid little engines.

I was thinking of buying a RaceChip form my 8v 88KW Fiat Bravo, to have a bit more power. I was looking to gain from 20-30 PS and around 50Nm. I checked all the suggested threads while creating a new one. I know that this is not the same as remapping, so I would like to get some comment from you guys, who are actually using a tunning box. Any tunning box if possible write down which one you are using, if you have a RaceChip product, you are welcome to write down what you think of it.Thank you.

Why don't you search the forum for TMC chip. These are well proven for the Bravo in this forum, I'd say it's a safe bet...

Back