Quick Q about 2 Channel Amp's

Currently reading:
Quick Q about 2 Channel Amp's

MiG

Right, so i've currently got a Vibe Blackbox I wired up to my 6x9's in the back of the Cinq, but..

in the PDF that is basically the manual, it states that you can power 2 speakers, and a SUB from the amp.

Now, call me thick, but this is just what the manual states, everyone i've asked tells me that this is not possible because its only a 2-Channel AMP.

If it does work i'm guessing the wattage per speaker goes down, and all the rest of it, but, in theory will it work ?

I'm not after the loudest n daftest soundsystem so would just like to know the implications of doing what i want to do.

On mine i can. I have a 6" midrange mounted under the center console running this way, and still have stereo output from the other speakers.
I'm using the two positive outputs for R and L for the mid. Technically this isnt a 'centre' channel though, the mid speaker is running from the voltage difference between left and right, not combined.

Last edited:
yes its possible, its called "tri-mode" on most amps that can do it.
i've had it working fine in the past.

here's how it works

brdg-f1.gif

I thought Tri-mode was only available on 4 channel amps, this is where you bridge two channels for the sub and use the other two for the speakers (on for each). Thats how mine is wired.

He said he has a two channel amp so surely he can't have a tri mode. The PDF probably says he can cos its made for the 2 & 4 channel amp. I have a mutant MT200.4 (which is 4 channel) but the manual covers the MT80.2 (which is two channel) aswell.

I thought Tri-mode was only available on 4 channel amps, this is where you bridge two channels for the sub and use the other two for the speakers (on for each). Thats how mine is wired.

He said he has a two channel amp so surely he can't have a tri mode. The PDF probably says he can cos its made for the 2 & 4 channel amp. I have a mutant MT200.4 (which is 4 channel) but the manual covers the MT80.2 (which is two channel) aswell.

Nice taste, also have this too :)
cost me 19.95 incl. P+P lol :yum:

Back