Quick hello and intro!

Currently reading:
Quick hello and intro!

silvers

Just a quick hello and intro as new member, I'm Steve, hereford area, I own a 1975 127 special, giallo tufo, (called Dilly) bought about 2000 when she was 25 years old, 2 owners and 25000 miles from new, weirdly she cost me £250 and ridiculously unbelievably weirdly the day I found her was the 25th.. absolutely not bullshit. she was totally std, 903cc 2 keys full service history and I know her story from day 1

Anyway, she's had quite a few mods over the years I have had her, none non reversable I have to add, she's currently sitting in my workshop quietly waiting for some twin carbs, (903 motor is under a bench) she has an ex fiat challenge 1301 brazil race engine, full ex challenge leda suspention amongst other things, but still looks pretty much stock, has never been welded (or rusty) and is still mostly in original paint.. I'll never part with her, have a great deal of spare (some of which are for later cars and may be for sale or swaps if anyone needs them)

Thats my story so far, I cant imagine theres many series 1 cars left on the road in the uk, certainly i havnt seen one in years apart from mine!

Anyone here interested in or needs any info/help/opinion/ advice on 127 stuff welcome to shout me!

thanks for having us !
Steve

Just a quick hello and intro as new member, I'm Steve, hereford area, I own a 1975 127 special, giallo tufo, (called Dilly) bought about 2000 when she was 25 years old, 2 owners and 25000 miles from new, weirdly she cost me £250 and ridiculously unbelievably weirdly the day I found her was the 25th.. absolutely not bullshit. she was totally std, 903cc 2 keys full service history and I know her story from day 1

Anyway, she's had quite a few mods over the years I have had her, none non reversable I have to add, she's currently sitting in my workshop quietly waiting for some twin carbs, (903 motor is under a bench) she has an ex fiat challenge 1301 brazil race engine, full ex challenge leda suspention amongst other things, but still looks pretty much stock, has never been welded (or rusty) and is still mostly in original paint.. I'll never part with her, have a great deal of spare (some of which are for later cars and may be for sale or swaps if anyone needs them)

Thats my story so far, I cant imagine theres many series 1 cars left on the road in the uk, certainly i havnt seen one in years apart from mine!

Anyone here interested in or needs any info/help/opinion/ advice on 127 stuff welcome to shout me!

thanks for having us !
Steve
My first car, SUM 189R in giallo yellow…I suspect that that mine has disintegrated as, way back wehn I had it ‘82-3, I patched the NS sill and OSF footwell

Hi :)

My 'introduction' to FIAT was a 1050cl also Giallo ( and bought from a vicar)

TBM491W... yes I remember most..

Replaced by a panda 45s YNM666X
if I had any of that left I could be in a rare club :)
Im not too far from you Abergavenny to Hereford is about 40 mins
just up the road then!, dvla says there's 42 of these left, that includes series 2 and 3, but looks like only 1 in yellow.. did you know tufo is an italian volcanic rock /mineral ..ochre mustard yellowish..

Back