Technical Qubo 1.3 MJ excessive oil consumption?

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo 1.3 MJ excessive oil consumption?

olNick

Hi all,

My wifes Qubo, 95hp MJ, 2012 or so needs about a liter of oil every 1000Km. A friends 2016 1.3 MJ, bought new same thing.
Stopped a Qubo guy in a parking lot and he also needs 1 liter every 6-800Km. All of them run strong and don't smoke.

All have between 100-140K on the clock.
What gives? IMHO, this is unacceptable.
They all have the 3.2 liter oil capacity

Are all 1.3 95hp MJ engines like this. What are your experiences?

regards,
Nick

Hi all,

My wifes Qubo, 95hp MJ, 2012 or so needs about a liter of oil every 1000Km. A friends 2016 1.3 MJ, bought new same thing.
Stopped a Qubo guy in a parking lot and he also needs 1 liter every 6-800Km. All of them run strong and don't smoke.

regards,
Nick
Sadly I think many modern small "short stroke" engines of various makes use similar amounts of oil, the thinner modern oil grades probably don't help either.

Hi all,

regards,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I have the same vehicle and mine never used to use oil until last year although It doesn't use masses but it does require a top up every now and then. Mine is now on 76k miles and I have it serviced, including oil and filter change, every year.

All the best Noony.

That's miles right? It would seem then 75K miles or 120K km is about the turning point... Still just just a "top up" is a far cry from what we are experiencing here...

Anyone else?

nick

Some years ago one of my customers was going to buy his nieces Toyota Yaris with 40,000miles from new. When checking it over for him I found only two things wrong, front anti roll bar links worn and oil level very low. On looking at Yaris Forums it seemed they were the weak points on that year model and that over 600ml of oil per 1000 mile was the norm.
I do wonder if the thin modern oils and short stroke engines is the reason.
He was running a similar age and mileage diesel Toyota Avensis at the time with no oil issues.

Hi all,

regards,
Nick
I have a Qubo 1.3 Diesel 2014, 75 HP. I have also a problem with oil consumption. In my owner's manual it is written that my engine will consume 400 gr. of oil at every 1000 km.. But mine is consuming 800-900 gr. at 300 km. I must investigate the oil consumption which to me is bothering. I have read a lot of books and listen to many experts opinion and it seems it not a simple task to solve.

I believe we are SOL here. I know of 4 other 1.3 MJ blah with the same issue, you are #5, I'm sure there are others. These engines suck in this regard, as well as the shitty timing chain. My 1.4 liter Peugeot 306, 330,000 Km burns nothing between its 5000 Km oil changes.
My friends 1.6 Peugeot TDI the same. Another Strada with the 1.9 diesel also burns/loses nothing.

Seems what you gain in fuel mileage you pay for in oil. Who would think a car maker can release an engine with this much consumption and consider it normal. We buy oil by the case :=(

Shame on you FIAT
My 1.1 Fire Panda also burns nothing at 230,000 Km
I would check into the consequences of maybe using a heavier oil, as stated above...

Hi All

In the previous post I have stated that I will begin to solve the problem of oil consumption. I've inspected the oil pan and I've discovered that my oil pan was leaking. I removed the old oil pan and replaced with a new one. On this process I've replace the old screws from 6 to 7mm. Now the car is not leaking anymore but is still consuming oil. I must investigate the turbine which is said that is also consuming a lot of oil.In the future I will keep you posted.

Back