Punto MK2B MOT fail - advice needed

Currently reading:
Punto MK2B MOT fail - advice needed

So i failed my MOT today. One of the headlight beams is too low and both of the headlights are insecure. I opened the bonnet when i got home and took hold of the headlights and they are easy to move around. They are loose at the bottom but fine at the top so they move in a hinge like way. Is this normal? Or how can i fix this? Im guessing there is some sort of clip that should be there but is' broke or something.

Need the MOT done by Feb 25th so any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash.

(This car has previously been involved in a major crash that the then owner had to buy it back from the insurance and pay for it to be fixed - I didn't find this out until after I bought it).

have headlights been replaced and the person who did so didn't save the headlight level adjustment motors ?

have headlights been replaced and the person who did so didn't save the headlight level adjustment motors ?

I'm not sure about that to be honest. I'll check the lights sometime tomorrow to see if the beams move when i press the adjustment button. Dont know why i didnt think of that already :bang:

I've got a friend of a friend to look at it on the weekend now anyway so hopefully i should know exactly whats wrong.

Back