General Punto mk1 1.2 16v sporting exhaust problems!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Punto mk1 1.2 16v sporting exhaust problems!!!!!!

Chrismk1

So basically heres the situation!

I bought the above car and have had no end of problems! but thats for another post and another time:bang:!
Anyway! I noticed the exhaust was shaking a bit, got under there to check it out and the tail pipe was breaking away from the back box and then rear of the back box isn't even properly fitted! Then today, my brother borrowed the car and came back with the exhaust pointing at the floor!!! I then looked underneath the exhaust to find out make and model, and it is a Peco Big Bore 2! bugger is the thought that came to mind. I have been searching on ebay for an alternate cheaper option as the rest of the car has cost me £££££££££!

I found a sportex exhaust for punto mk1 but they guy said it was fitted on a 1.1 and i wanted to know if this would fit my car???

Thanks for any help guys, this site has saved me lots of pennys:worship:!

Chris
:)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah i loved the sound of it! Until it broke!

My problem isn't the manifold or anything, I'm just after the back box and wanted to know if it mattered whether the exhaust i was looking at was fitted on a 1.1 8v and mines a 1.2 16v? Not sure on exhausts so didn't want to buy anything until i knew for sure!!

No worries any more, phoned sportex and they confirmed it will fit !

Thanks anyway!

I'm not impressed with the Peco on my car. The can is too big and obvious and the outlet pots are too big. When time and cash allow its having a single sportex or a pair of bike cans with neat little outlets.

Back