Technical punto gt2 no power off boost

Currently reading:
Technical punto gt2 no power off boost

punto16v

hi there i recently bought a 1997 punto gt2 wit 60k on the clock since i bought it the car has absoulately no power when under 2500 rpm and also has a misfire when 1st started in the mornings any ideas wat wud cause this ?????:bang:

Do you have any recent service history? That may give us a better idea what may be the issue. Otherwise, probably best to do a quick service yourself including oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and HT leads. The latter two will probably fix your issues. Put a drop of the 97 RON jungle-juice in it to give the fuel system a good clear-out.

Since you have a GT now, can I call you punto8v instead :D?

Do you have any recent service history? That may give us a better idea what may be the issue. Otherwise, probably best to do a quick service yourself including oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and HT leads. The latter two will probably fix your issues. Put a drop of the 97 RON jungle-juice in it to give the fuel system a good clear-out.

Since you have a GT now, can I call you punto8v instead :D?

hi there im jst after changing the spark plugs and oil+filter its running a bit better but not as it should do it has a after market air filter on it wit and a dump valve some people are telling me that they give injector problems is this true ???? i suppose u can call me punto 8v :D

hi there it is a washable filter but it is clean at the moment

hi there i recently bought a 1997 punto gt2 wit 60k on the clock since i bought it the car has absoulately no power when under 2500 rpm and also has a misfire when 1st started in the mornings any ideas wat wud cause this ?????:bang:

water creeping into the bores overnight?hows the coolant level?.ad

hi it doesnt seem to be losing any coolant at all thats what i checked 1st as i thought the head gasket when i first got it but no pressure build up or over heating r anything of the sort lyk any other ideas wud be much appreciated thanks :bang:

I dont have the foggiest clue, it was a suggestion for things to look at. The inlet manifold will go from vacuum to pressure depending on boost & the ECU has to accommodate all that change. I would certainly check the boost pressure sensor and rig up a boost pressure gauge so you can see what's going on.

Back