Technical Punto evo vs grande 199a4000 engine

Currently reading:
Technical Punto evo vs grande 199a4000 engine

DiAr94

Hello guys,

Due to the breakage of main crankshaft seal on the clutch side and general lack of power and oil consumption, I would like to change engine in my Punto evo 1.2. Current engine code is 199a4000. There is also same engine code on the Grande Punto. Do any of you have any experience, if I can install engine from the Grande Punto to Evo if both are 199a4000? Thank you for a help!

Mechanically almost everything (basic mechanical parts) fits between all versions of Punto 3 (Grande, EVO, 2012) or even older ones (parts like gearbox C514).
But, there are some cosmetic differences in wiring, sensors, some mounts/brackets, things like that. Not a big problem, but must pay attention.
So it should be 99% "plug'n'play" if you just swap same type of engine (big Swap like gasoline->diesel is a very different story).

Thank you for the comment! It looks like that both 199a4000 should be the same in both cars accordong to the engine supplier. I have engine on the way and in a next few weeks it will be instaled into car. I will then post an update.

So today car came from mechanic. There was absolutely no problem with engine swap. Thank you for the advice :)

Back