Ps3 broke!!!

Currently reading:
Ps3 broke!!!

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
Got a system update, worked ok after update for 1 use.
next use gave me an error message saying it failed to turn off properly
The next use "Major System Error" :eek: :cry:

£424.99 and it lasted all of 2.5 years (n)
Better than my xbox 360 which has been sent back 3 times though (y)

Only differnce is the xbox is still under guarantee coz it brakes before i get it back for a year :rolleyes: PS3 has never gone wrong untill now so it not covered :bang:

I guess its the 60gb? Mine died at about the same point. There's meant to be some bug with that model.

I was lucky, took it back to the local GAMESTATION and even though it was out of warranty they agreed that it was 'not fit for purpose'. Not only did they replace it with a brand new 80gb version, but they also gave us the £125 price difference as store credit! So we could afford an Xbox aswell!

I say the best thing to do is go back to the place you bought it. Sony don't give a crap about it and will charge a lot for repair. If you have problems see what consumer advice you can get. It is unreasonable for a company to expect you to pay £400+ every few years

Use the debug menu to restore your system firmware and system database.

You can access it by attaching it to the tv with standard cable, then holding power button to turn it on until it switches itself back off again. Now switch it on again holding the button down for about 7 seconds till it beeps then release, it should come up with a screen telling you to connect your pad with a charge cable and press PS button. Once you do this you can access the menu.

Doesn't sound like the fatal 'Yellow Light of Death' that afflicts 60GB models. currently on my 4th PS3, had to pay to have the first one replaced as didn't know any different :bang: but the others were replaced as 'goodwill' or still in the 3month(!!) warranty. asked for a newer model only to be told 'they are all the same' but next time it breaks i seriously won't be impressed.... it's not a matter of if, but when in my eyes.

Yer restore the Ps3 to the factory settings, but this will mean that you will lose everything on the ps3. If that doesnt work then go on the Sony forums and ask for advice from the techy buffs on there.

Yer restore the Ps3 to the factory settings, but this will mean that you will lose everything on the ps3. If that doesnt work then go on the Sony forums and ask for advice from the techy buffs on there.

I've managed to de-brick one by simply restoring the database and the firmware, you didn't have to wipe the HDD IIRC.

mines the 40gb and went a few months ago
there is a video on youtube on how to repair it
if its the yellow or red light

put the ps3 in a small box upside down and go over the vents left 2 right with a hair dryer for 15mins after 15mins get a fan and leave it on the ps3 for 20mins still upside down and in the box ive heard it worked for a fair few ppl not me but ive heard if u keep on doing it .... its does eventually work .... NOT A PERMANANT FIX(y)

Cheers all(y)

Fixed it!

I did some research for that debug thing and got it too work on the 5th attempt :p

I had to do the full ps3 restore - so sadly i've lost all game saves etc. But i found the problem. the hdd had been filled when playing "modnation" so when it went to save before turning the system off the hdd filled and didnt save fully - hense the hard disk file system error i had :bang: A new hdd in my furture perhaps?

Anyways spent the last 3 hours playing modnation and have got half way to where i as before - it seemed so challenging first time round:p

Back