General Priced on the high side???

Currently reading:
General Priced on the high side???

X19 pilot

Sorry if a repost but....
Dont get me wrong, I am a huge X19 fan, but this seems about 1.5-2k overpriced? Very low mileage and described as pretty much perfect, but I would be checking every orifice at this sort of money. Surely you could pick up a perfect Lido for this price?
Interesting none the less though as they dont often come up for sale on the retail market!

http://www.rtcc.co.uk/index.php?do=lanciaclassics&car=a2557a7b2e94197ff767970b67041697

Sorry if a repost but....
Dont get me wrong, I am a huge X19 fan, but this seems about 1.5-2k overpriced? Very low mileage and described as pretty much perfect, but I would be checking every orifice at this sort of money. Surely you could pick up a perfect Lido for this price?
Interesting none the less though as they dont often come up for sale on the retail market!

http://www.rtcc.co.uk/index.php?do=lanciaclassics&car=a2557a7b2e94197ff767970b67041697

You can probably write the "overpricing" off as the premium for buying from a car dealer that *should* be offering a watertight warranty with it.

If it is as good as the seller suggests then it will be in the big money end of the scale and while it isn't a Lido a C-reg that hasn't rotted away to dust is such a rarity that it will carry a premium in its own right.

Way overpriced IMO pilot for a standard spec. 1500. Its not even totally original given the resprayed Filter Housing amd the retro-fitted Leather...... That sort of money is good 1300 territory only in the UK in my view. Yes a dealer like Thornes will charge more and they have probably tried to push the low miles but thats not a priority for condition in X1/9's.

I'm still amazed Classic and Sportscar book 1500 values higher than 1300 cars here????

Last edited:
I'll watch with interest Jim! Theres been a couple of low mile 1500's on Pistonheads lately - an IN sold (admittedly a rare 1500 version here) for £7K and there one of two more with sub 15k mile that have been on there a while...........
Still think the 1300's should be fetching more, then again suppose they are all scarce here now. That said I still think that one at Thornes does not look that good.

Back