Power cable GP

Currently reading:
Power cable GP

kkandler

I´m installing an amplifier in my GP´s boot. My problem now is how to get the power cable from the engine bay into the car.
Any ideas except drilling a new hole? Are there any existing holes to drag it through?
While we are at it. Any good ideas on how to get the cable for the new speakers from the door into the car. The original cables runs through the door by some kind of contact.

Can you pull up the door trim and stick the speaker cabling down there?? not sure if you can do it on a GP

Rubber grommet for power is easy enough.

Lift the scuttle panel on the drivers side and you will see it. couple of phillips screws.

Poke a hole in the grommet (I used a kebab skewer, lol) Poke cable through, thread enough wire through and it should come out in the footwell.

Once you are finished, put a bit of silicone around the hole you poked in the grommet just to be safe (y)

With regards to the speakers. At the moment, mine is a bodge. Runs under the door gasket which is awful and bending the wire to buggery. I wouldn't suggest that and as soon as I get around to it I am going to drill a hole, put a grommet on it and run the wire through that.
On the sporting at least (not sure about other models) it is impossible to run it through the multiplug, as the drivers one has no free pins.

P

Thanks a lot for your answers! I´ve fixed the power cable now.

Thanks a lot for your answers! I´ve fixed the power cable now.

post_thanks.gif
(y)(y)

Back