Power boost!!!

Currently reading:
Power boost!!!

Johnson91

Hi guys,

I've got a mk2 ford ka which has the fiat 500 1.2 8v engine,

I wanna tune the engine abit but I'm stuck with what I can do apart from swapping in the 1.4 (100ps).
I've already fitted a k&n panel filter and blanked off the old air feed and gave it a bigger/better positioned cold air feed, I've ordered a polished sport cat, I've dropped it 40mm all round and fitted better pads and I've just grooved the front discs at work.

any ideas on what I could do next?????

Cheers in advance!

is it in A1 mechanical condition?,
checked all the cylinder compression and leak down.:confused:

unless it's REALLY fresh , then you are wasting time, and money,
realistically the 69BHP isn't going to set the world alight anyway.

so make it as DRIVEABLE as possible without compromising it's reliability / or insurance compliance;)

The milage has just got to 32,000, everything is spot on with the car and it's engine only complaint I've got about it is the road noise! But I've got some sound deadening for that ?? can I not interchange parts from other fiats to gain abit more power? I've read a few threads about changing the throttle bodies for a puntos one, anyone shed any light on what's what?? Intakes... anything to unlock any extra power from the 1242 mpi.

P.s. I don't wanna swap the engine out lol

Last edited:
Still looking for some help guys... kinda stuck with this now, I'm not looking for crazy power, just a few extra ponies will do!?? I've done the basics. Air filter, sports cat and I've ported and polished my Tb by 2mm, much better sound and bit nippier but like most' I want MORE!!! ??

Back