Technical Plug disconneted while stretching legs out in passenger seat

Currently reading:
Technical Plug disconneted while stretching legs out in passenger seat

strav500

Got my new Panda today! :D

Plonked myself down in the passenger seat. Stretched my legs out! Yes, there is plenty of space! Heard a noise, felt something dislodge :eek:. Looked at the floor - nothing. Got home (I wasn't driving - this was midnight) - looked at the floor - there is a little copper bracket - got a torch underneath - a plastic plug with a black wire connected to it was disconnected to a plastic socket thing under the glove box :confused:. BTW the yellow ! with a triangle was showing. - I have obviously disconnected this connection by stretching out (why would they put the damn thing there! :bang:) - how do I connect the thing up again - where should I place the copper plate connection thingy? :rolleyes: Thanks!

i had a look underneath

P1040469.JPG

you mean the one with the two yellow stripes? gave it a gentle waggle, does seem a little "fragile"

I looked at it today - I picked up a small spring and a little copper bit as well - I can remove the white plastic bit from the thick metal frame attached to the car.
I reattached the blach plug into the solid white bit - now I can't remove it , but the black part goes into another plug right next to it - I unplugged this.

So now I have a small spring, a copper contact and a hard white plastoc bit attached to a black bit which has 4 pins on the end

Weirdly - when I start the car I have to keep the ignition on for 4-5 secs before it starts - the display reads 'Delayed Ignition' - does this have something to do with this bit I have removed?

I've disconnected the black plug from the hard white bit
This plug has four pins on the end - the other end is a socket with two metal prongs on each side - I think the copper plate goes over the top of these and forms a connection

After going to Arnold Clarkes and having an AA man out this was the problem:-

The picture above shows a white plastic thing connected to a cable - this is actually a brake light switch - the metal framework it is fastened to - also a metal plate connected to the driver's pedal, this contacts the switch. Depress the pedal - the switch is not depressed anymore and a wee spring inside the switch pushes a copper plate onto 2 contacts which turn on the brake light.

I re-assembled the broken switch, put it back and the bloody brake lights were on all the time! Plus the automatic mode did not work, you had to shift up manually.

Only solution - got an empty box that some Rennie tabs were in - folded it up four time and stuck it on the metal lever so the switch is properly depressed. This keeps the lights off except duting braking and the auto box works properly! Next I will get a replacement switch

BE WARNED - stretch your legs out to far in the passenger seat and you could end up with no brake lights and a messed up auto box

I've only has this car for 1 day!

you must have inordinately long feet, because even with my size 12 dogs, on the end of my 6ft3in frame, at full stretch i couldn't get anywhere near touching it:D

even on the few occasions i sit in the passenger seat of the uno, with the infamous hanging fuses of hell, i cant touch them unless i really try

where you doing aerobics? practising keepy uppy? or contorting with a lady friend, like the couple i saw in a leisure centre complex the other night?:p

Back