Pioneer DEH-P55BT / Sony MEX-BT2500 ... ?

Currently reading:
Pioneer DEH-P55BT / Sony MEX-BT2500 ... ?

Kev_83

DEHP6800MP.jpg

400-435321.jpg

Anyone have knowledge of these 2 units?

If you shop online instead of going to the stores, the pioneer one costs about 150-160 i think, where the sony one can be got around 105-110, so both are on the budget end of bluetooth units

Went & bought myself the pioneer one, as, like a girl, i was taken in by the lights lol. Saw "bluetooth" & thought brilliant, no need for wires etc

I get it & it has a fricken mic on a wire. I was expecting the mic to be in-built. NOT impressed.

The g/f is eyeing up the sony one for when she gets her replacement motor. Saw on the box in a local car audio store today "in-built mic" so she wasrubbing it in. LoL.

So, just a bit of feedback really from anyone who's experienced either/both of these. Quality of it, reception etc. General info would be brilliant. Thanks.

get pioneer. much better.

sony one has no preouts means no amps

Pioneerrrrrrrr ;)

pffffttt, some of sony's units sound quality is shockingly bad. i have nothing bad to say about pioneer.

pioneers last forever aswell (y)

it's the one that changes colour on its own, which is what drew me to it tbh LoL. I know there's a vid of one working on youtube.

Also, with either of them, me & the g/f wont be into upgrading the sound system for either of our cars. Whatever speakers & what not the car comes with, that's how it'll be.

Is the bluetooth reception on the sony unit really quite bad?

Opting for the budget end as can't justify paying much more for a cd unit tbh.

ive never linked a phone to the sony so couldnt tell you. i dont see you having any problems with signal thought :confused: bluetooth is digital so as long as you are in range you should have no problems at all!

prefer the looks of the pioneer, but as you said you do not need he pre-outs so maybe the sony one would be best if you can save a bit of money buying it, as i do not see why there would be a difference in the quality of bluetooth reception.

Back