Pioneer DEH-4400BT

Currently reading:
Pioneer DEH-4400BT

zombieuk

HI,
Just a question for a new Punto owner
smile.gif

just got my self a Fiat Grande Punto (2007) and then got my self a new Pioneer DEH-4400BT Stereo
And just Had Halfords to install it for me (at a cost of £30).
They have got the Stereo working correct, (can answer my Iphone, and stream music) BUT the problem we are now having is the Controls on the Steering wheel does not work.
I had to buy a "PC99-x89 Multistalk - which was £52.08 AND PC99JVC M/S which was 4.99) when i ordered the parts i was told this would work. BUT now they not sure on why its not working.
Has anyone changed out there Stereo, and got the controls on wheel working, if so How? and what parts did you use.
Thanks.
Lee

Just went to go out, and guess what, car would not start, but did get it started by just keep turning the car over.

When the Stereo was fitted, it was ALWAYS on, even with out a key in. Was told by the guys at Halfords, that there is an Auto-cut off after about 20 mins?? Is that true? cause if not im thinking that is drraining the battery.
I am going back there 1st thing to try and sort out, but want to go back with real info so they cant fob me off

Hi zombie, the PC99 is the Autoleads one isn't it? Known around these parts to be utter cack, try to get the Connects2 CTSFA004 I think it is with the appropriate patch lead for Pioneer. I believe the CANBUS controls the power to the headunit and - I'm not 100% sure on this - it should have the aforementioned cutoff time.

Hi
The PC99 is the Autoleads one.
Halfords have said they are going to phone Autoleads up to find out what is the correct lead to use to get wheel controls working, if they come back with no answer then they can have all the leads back, as its not doing the job they said it would. and i will then try this other lead.
will also say to them about the Non- Auto cut off they told me about.
As last night i tested the Stereo 45 mins after turning my car off and it was still working.

New update.
Halfords have tryed a new Multistalk lead, and that still did not work,
Iv now got them to take the Stereo out, and they have given me a full Refund.
So now i need to look around to see where i can get a new stereo and working leads,
And one know of anywhere around the Andover area?

Back