General "Performance" fuels in T-Jet

Currently reading:
General "Performance" fuels in T-Jet

Hey guys.

Just wondering about the opinions on using "performance" fuels in the Bravo T-Jets.

Mine is a 150bhp T-Jet dynamic. I've used a mixture of fuels in it since I got it, from Shell's FuelSave and V-power unleaded, through Asda & Tesco regular unleaded, to the supermarket "performance" fuels.

Was just wanting to gather opinions on which you guys think is the best to use.

Personally I have not noticed any major difference in performance using any different fuel. In fact, the only difference I have spotted is how quickly the car drinks the stuff. For example, the couple of times I've used Tesco's momentum99, the car seems to have drank the stuff like it was going out of fashion. On the flipside, a recent tank of Sainsbury's Super Unleaded (97RON) seemed to last forever. I spotted very little difference between the normal Shell unleaded and the V-Power.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

All the fuels I've used haven't really given much of a difference I usually get between 750-800km per tank no matter what fuel. I know shell has just come out with a new fuel, nitro plus or something.

Yeah, they're plugging the Nitro plus here as well. Trouble is, the shell fuel in my area is a lot more expensive than the supermarket stuff, usually at least 5 pence per litre more expensive. For the price of regular Shell unleaded, I can get the 97RON Super unleaded from a nearby Sainsbury's (near my parent's house, and I visit them every week so it's not out my way to refuel...)

All the fuels I've used haven't really given much of a difference I usually get between 750-800km per tank no matter what fuel. I know shell has just come out with a new fuel, nitro plus or something.

So you *claim* to be getting 800k (500 miles) from a tank.

So my tank takes about 47 litres which means your claiming to get 48mpg or 5.84 l/100km? So you are saying that your TJet is more economical than most of the diesel Bravos?

So you *claim* to be getting 800k (500 miles) from a tank.

So my tank takes about 47 litres which means your claiming to get 48mpg or 5.84 l/100km? So you are saying that your TJet is more economical than most of the diesel Bravos?

I'm not claiming, I'm stating I fill between 56-60 liters. Sure you haven't got a Uno tank in there haha?

If supermarket fuels were as bad as people say, they would be on the front of the Daily Mail every day...

I always ran the coupe on Shell VPower, but it was highly tuned. Other cars have run fine on normal fuels. I haven't noticed much difference in mpg with my 1.9 diesel 150, but I do try and use shell / esso when its close in price to the supermarkets - some local garages are doing 'cheap' fuel 2 days a week as a promo as well :)

Regarding miles, when my diesel was standard it would only do 470m on a tank of normal driving. MPG on the trip could dip into the low 40s if I drove her hard and max of low 50s if I drove her at 50mph on rural roads only.

With her chipped and decated I'm easily seeing not only more power, but also 60+mpg :D

On a standard engine I don't think higher octane fuels are going to make much difference. The higher octane refers to the fuel's resistance to pre-detonation, not it's calorific value. If you're running more boost, higher charge pressure and temperature then absolutely use higher octane. I remember reading a test on various fuels and one of the most important factors was the fuel is fresh so basically use a garage that is busy!

Back