Technical Passenger electric window winding issues

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger electric window winding issues

Has anyone else had there passenger window jam upon raising? It goes up fine untill a few inches from the top. Then it turns towards the front of the car and reaches the top at an awkuard angle with a gap at the pillar. With the door card of to try see whete the issue lies i cannot find anything wrong and raises up and down properlly just to annoy me haha. Then after it works for the next few times the issue kicks up again. I have sprayed some silicone lubricant down each runner and made sure the glass was securly fitted but not sure at the how the widow is attached really it looks to be just wedged in.

It probably isn't located properly to the bar (the rubber tends to rot where it joins the metal bar).

A permanent bodge is to get the window down, pop it out of the bar, Sikkaflex it in place, carefully raise the window (you might need to use your hands to prevent it going up wonky) and leave it shut until it goes well off (maybe 48 hours in this weather).

Sikkaflex is awefully sticky stuff -- excess can be removed with panel wipe or acetone or cellulose thinners while wet. After that, you're pretty much screwed. See here.

Back