General Part exchange value rip off

Currently reading:
General Part exchange value rip off

Gingernut

Just been to look at a new car and the garage as offered me £2400 for my Fiat Multipla 1.9 diesel JTD, 2005 yr of make with 60k on the clock.....do you think thats a rip off??? I do :bang:

Just been to look at a new car and the garage as offered me £2400 for my Fiat Multipla 1.9 diesel JTD, 2005 yr of make with 60k on the clock.....do you think that's a rip off??? I do :bang:

The price of the Multi has not changed over the last two years. Go back to the dealer and ask for and extra 15% off the car you fancy because you have no ' part chop '.

Then sell the Multi yourself, if its a half decent cared for motor with no issues it should be easy.

Last edited:
Whatcar online valuation service puts a 60k 55 plate 1.9 Dynamic at £3945. Webuyanycar puts it at £3,100 so I'd agree that the dealer is taking the mick.

I was under the impression that dealers were begging for customers, not if they're offering deals like this.

Whatcar online valuation service puts a 60k 55 plate 1.9 Dynamic at £3945. Webuyanycar puts it at £3,100 so I'd agree that the dealer is taking the mick.

I was under the impression that dealers were begging for customers, not if they're offering deals like this.

.werobanycardot.com, were sanctioned by the regulator just last month. An investigation revealed that no matter what price you are offered its always an average of 30% less than the final quoted price you actually get. The same stunt the S/H internet gold buyers use !

Dealers are pricing at 3.5 to 5.5 depending on where in the ' glass ' they fit. Of course the forecourt price of a car has £1/2k put on top of the margin to allow for the part exchange they take in. Facelift pug's are in short demand and the good ones on forecourts go for good money, even the old 2000 to 2003's are holding their price well, and have done since the pug was discontinued.

I've used webuyanycar.com to shift a Daihatsu Siron that no one wanted, we got the quoted price to the penny, however I was honest about the condition and this was 4 years ago.

Regardless, it's pretty obvious that the dealer price is not competitive whatever comparison one chooses.

I've been to several. Webuyanycar.com offered 2200, bestcarbuyer.com offered 2345 and wewantanycar.com offered 2516. I looked on What car an they quoted 3545 as part exchange value. The garage wouldn't knock any more off the car in the showroom either. The cars in good condition, theres a dent in the rear door but we were quoted 100 to get that fixed. when i thought car showrooms were begging for custom they have a funny way of showing it but if I run her for another year what will they give me for her then.......peanuts. tell you what i'm confused.com

Back