Currently reading:
Parking Tickets

Would you pay it?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Just out of curiosity, do people actually pay them?

i got one today, LOL'd and ripped it up as did a few of my class mates at college did when they got one, how we got them in the first place is beyond me but that's besides the point..

last one i got was 2006/7 which i also didn't pay.

if you got one would you pay it?

Are you talking about real parking tickets issued by traffic wardens or just ones you got in the college car park issued by the college car park attendant?

If the former I'm surprised you got away with it. In my experience if you don't pay your fine in the allocated time it is substantially increased and if you don't pay that you are dragged into court and made an example of. It's not like the authorities to pass up the chance to extract easy money from parking fines.

Are you talking about real parking tickets issued by traffic wardens or just ones you got in the college car park issued by the college car park attendant?

If the former I'm surprised you got away with it. In my experience if you don't pay your fine in the allocated time it is substantially increased and if you don't pay that you are dragged into court and made an example of. It's not like the authorities to pass up the chance to extract easy money from parking fines.

nahh Jug told me a couple of years back he never bothers and they don't bother.

nahh Jug told me a couple of years back he never bothers and they don't bother.

Lucky you. Perhaps they check your employment status before deciding to follow up.

1. Skint student = no money for the local authority/police so leave it.

2. Full time employed, tax paying, law-abiding (mostly) citizen = a right good wallet raping.

As a long time member of No.2 I'm considered Fair Game by every authority in this fair and just land to be fleeced of every spare penny of disposable income I have over and over and over.

Enjoy it while you can.

Lucky you. Perhaps they check your employment status before deciding to follow up.

1. Skint student = no money for the local authority/police so leave it.

2. Full time employed, tax paying, law-abiding (mostly) citizen = a right good wallet raping.

As a long time member of No.2 I'm considered Fair Game by every authority in this fair and just land to be fleeced of every spare penny of disposable income I have over and over and over.

Enjoy it while you can.

never thought of that but you may well be right

Only time I ever pay is when I'm clearly in the wrong and not for some stupid reason. I seem to feel that I'm the only one who ever challenges the fine.

My favourite one still remains the one where the warden gave me a ticket because he couldn't see the token through the window. The letter I got back from the, "cooncil," showed that the light was shining on the wndscreen so brightly that you couldn't see through...unless you actually looked carefully!

I got away with this one but I sometimes feel we all get beating for this for fun...

tis from the police i think, never read it just pulled it off the window and tore it up.
Parking tickets are hardly ever from the Police. Possible exception would be for Unnecessary Obstruction. Most are from Local Authorities.

I don't know of one area where (in England at any rate) the Police issue tickets for on-street parking with the exception of U.O. and at airports, because of security considerations.

The reason could possibly be: Double Yellow Lines in Manchester City Centre -£60. DYLs at Manchester Airport - £30!

tis from the police i think, never read it just pulled it off the window and tore it up.

That's not wise. That's the only type of ticket where they can seriously ruin your life if you ignore it.

It will be passed to a private company working on behalf of the courts who can then seize your car until you do pay. Failure to pay will mean your car is crushed after 7days.

if its a private parking company, its an invoice, and no i wouldnt pay it.

if i is from the council because ive parked on double yellows or my pay and display ticket has run out... yes i would

Ditto.

I got one from Liverpool council in Dec. Paid it as it was offical etc (even though it had the wrong offence listed).

These ones though which I've had several of I just laugh at.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back