Panoramic Picture Thread

Currently reading:
Panoramic Picture Thread

Koa

Free dentistry available
Anyone got any Panoramic pictures you've taken and want to show them to me ?

This method is really intriguing to me and I can't wait to have a go, I've no idea how to yet so any how to's that you can also pass on then please do ;)

i've not given it much thought, all i did was start taking shots in a room. no real thought to it.

then fed the images into autostitch. ta-da!

pano_1.jpg

then i bought a wide angle lens and haven't really done anymore.

its fully automated you just give it a load of images and it picks what it wants to use and its free yes. it isnt the best in the world. if you were to find a commerical product and pay for it, it'd do a better job. i remember seeing an autostitch vs another program, and the other program was better.. but cost more.

Cheers arc, I'll have a look into this one then. Sometimes doing the work yourself is half the fun so if the demo version isn't what I'm looking for I'll just use PS as I know that one pretty well now ;)

I once tried stitching images before resizing in Paint on a pretty crummy PC. Once the 2nd image was pasted in everything ground to a halt and I abandoned the idea, but it's one I will revisit.

london bridge.jpg

One i made using autostitch then a bit of balancing in paintshop as it was a dull day, then reduced the size as original is 5 times the size. Was 6 full sized pics.

View from London Bridge Dec 2007 between Christmas and New Year.

Last edited:
this autostitch seems pretty good, do you just use a tripod and take pictures at intervals or does it not matter that much?

what are the alternatives to autostitch

this autostitch seems pretty good, do you just use a tripod and take pictures at intervals or does it not matter that much?

No but i did stabilise the image by sitting it on a solid surface and just moving the camera. I've done some before and just handheld, you need to crop a bit more as they tend not to line up as well, but the autostitch seems to rotate etc to fit.

The images i had from the other side of the bridge wouldnt line up in autostitch, but will if i do it manually, so its not the be all and end all.

This is what i took with the panoramic feature on my Sony Ericsson ;) You can see from the light how long it took me to line each picture up...taken about a year ago. Elland Road is to the left but picture quality is shi...

DSC004231.JPG

Not sure which link will be best

Last edited:

when i used it, i didn't. i just randomly clicked with the camera and then bunged all the images into the prgoram and let it pick what it wanted.

before when trying to stitch shots done with wide lenses though, the barrel distortion can make for some pretty funky images.

Back