General Panda Cross 4x4 off the configurator

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross 4x4 off the configurator

I cannot imagine that Fiat are going to retool/reengineer for a new engine for the fag-end of a car that sells in vanishingly small numbers.
Apparently, the rumor has it, that the Panda 4x4 will not be returning in the new Model year, in a lot of countries with strict emission regulations.
It could even mean the end of the Panda 4x4 all together, because there is not an up to date suitable engine for it.
The 69 hp 1.0ltr Mild Hybrid engine is not powerful enough for it, and other Hybrid engine are too expensive for it, with the necessary retooling that need to be done.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there’ll be no more Fiat 4x4s, it makes no branding sense when they own Jeep. The closest thing to a replacement for the Panda 4x4 will be the sub-Renegade “mini-Jeep” that’s already in development.

I know there are romantics who hold to the notion that the Panda 4x4 is some kind of unique cult car, but there’s no rational business case for a like-for-like replacement.

Ford had a similar problem in getting the Fiesta to comply with Euro 6d. They did it by adding a second cat. So the interim solution for the Panda may not require a different powertrain.

Ford had a similar problem in getting the Fiesta to comply with Euro 6d. They did it by adding a second cat. So the interim solution for the Panda may not require a different powertrain.
TwinAir production has stopped a while ago.
The produced ones have been use for the 4x4 Panda.
I think they reach the point of no more TwinAir engines.
So, the 4x4 need a new engine, or life of the 4x4 come to a end.
I don’t know if gearbox connection between TwinAir and new Firefly is the same.
If not the new Firefly engine don’t fit to the 4x4 gearbox.

I don’t think FIAT will develop a new 4x4 gearbox for the Panda.

Interesting update from my dealer this week. He advised that Fiat have been in contact with them to say they will no longer be making this specification of Panda but have given a commitment to fulfil existing orders with a production run later in the year.
I guess we'll see in due course.

Interesting update from my dealer this week. He advised that Fiat have been in contact with them to say they will no longer be making this specification of Panda but have given a commitment to fulfil existing orders with a production run later in the year.
I guess we'll see in due course.
Good news. I was told the same a few weeks back by my dealer. They said if anything changes they'll give me my deposit back.

Panda 4x4 (Cross only) is still present in Portuguese Fiat website:

Edit: Mild hybrid engine only.
That's interesting. It is indeed -

1657275724707.png

Back