Technical Panda Cross 4x4 2015 Rear suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cross 4x4 2015 Rear suspension

Hello
I am about to change the rear shock absorbers and springs on our 2015 Cross 4x4
Can anyone advise on the correct torque settings for the damper bolts
The job appears straightforward enough but is this the case ?

Many thanks
Phil

just "tight" will do ;)
when you undo the lower shock bolt, undo it via the torx head end of the bolt- the other end looks like a normal nut, but its actually captive, so dont put a spanner on it and start wrenching- it wont be going anywhere :)

on our 4x4, even with the damper loose, the the spring wouldnt come out - looked like it would need quite a bit of compressing to remove it. (is that normal? perhaps the 4x4 has longer springs vs the 2wd).

Yes the springs are longer - that’s what gives the 4x4 more ground clearance :)
Don’t Ty-wrap them - unless you want to remove them!
With car jacked and wheel off to replace the shocks, a small extra jack to just raise the dangling suspension arm slightly will take the weight off the shock absorber bolts which will then come out more easily.

Hello again
I have the same problem as Slowco mentioned whereby I cannot get the springs out even with pushing the swing arm down ( which doesn't move much)
I have removed the lower plastic/rubber pad which is bolted from below to assist but still not enough room to extract the spring
Do i have to resort to the use of spring compressors

Hello again
I have the same problem as Slowco mentioned whereby I cannot get the springs out even with pushing the swing arm down ( which doesn't move much)
I have removed the lower plastic/rubber pad which is bolted from below to assist but still not enough room to extract the spring
Ah - Id missed that you want to remove the springs as well (hence my earlier 'don't ty-wrap them' comment!). There was a tread here from SaltyBill about changing rear springs which might help... suspect a compressor is needed (prob safest option too)

just "tight" will do ;)
when you undo the lower shock bolt, undo it via the torx head end of the bolt- the other end looks like a normal nut, but its actually captive, so dont put a spanner on it and start wrenching- it wont be going anywhere :)

on our 4x4, even with the damper loose, the the spring wouldnt come out - looked like it would need quite a bit of compressing to remove it. (is that normal? perhaps the 4x4 has longer springs vs the 2wd).
Hello
did you manage to remove the coil springs
I am going to use spring compressor tool to attempt to remove and also use a large piece of wood to push/lever down on the trailing arm

Hello again
Yes spring compressor, with the safety bolts ! there is a lot of stored energy and with the non constant pitch of the spring, inclined to compress bent if extreme care not taken.

Back