Technical Panda clocks cluster replacement.

Currently reading:
Technical Panda clocks cluster replacement.

blackbike

I want to replace the clocks cluster on my 2011 Panda 1.2 with a used one from Ebay because a couple of the lights have stopped working..

Removal and installation looks very easy, but does anyone know if the replacement clocks will work straight away or do they need to be coded by a dealer or someone who knows how to do the job?

The owner of a shop which does car electrics says some cars do need coding for new clocks and some don't, but he doesn't know about the Panda.

Thanks for any information.

mileage has to be below your car

need software proxy alignment running after fitting

apart from those two points there plug and play

mileage has to be below your car

need software proxy alignment running after fitting

apart from those two points there plug and play

Thanks for the reply.

The ones on EBay don't mention mileage so how can people buy them?

What does proxy alignment mean?

I want to replace the clocks cluster on my 2011 Panda 1.2 with a used one from Ebay because a couple of the lights have stopped working..

Removal and installation looks very easy, but does anyone know if the replacement clocks will work straight away or do they need to be coded by a dealer or someone who knows how to do the job?

The owner of a shop which does car electrics says some cars do need coding for new clocks and some don't, but he doesn't know about the Panda.

Thanks for any information.
which lights ?

Thanks for the reply.

The ones on EBay don't mention mileage so how can people buy them?

What does proxy alignment mean?
mileage is also stored on the body computer. Unless the dash and the body computer match it will flash

for obvious reasons you can only correct upwards

most people use multiecuscan and the process is called proxy alignment

Update.

I took a chance and bought some clocks off ebay for £25. Looked exactly like my old clocks but they were off a 1.1 Panda and mine is a 1.2. Fitted them and they worked fine straight away with no problems. 15 minute job once I found my tiny allen keys which took me about an hour. No coding or software proxy alignment needed. I'm MOTd for another year.

Only difference is that my mileage has jumped from 35,000 to 89,000 but as I always keep my cars until they go to the scrapyard that doesn't matter.

If your car had showed 89,000 before the new "clocks" went in, the mileage would flash as it will not reset backwards. The clocks can be reset to factory but special equipment is needed.

Back