Technical Panda 4x4 0.9 Twin Air - Boost Running Issue

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 4x4 0.9 Twin Air - Boost Running Issue

nightrider

My Panda runs up the gears with the turbo switched off with out any issues.
With the turbo switched on and under load, it’s like a kill switch being switched off and on quickly.

Anyone any ideas how Turbo boost is causing this issue?

My Panda runs up the gears with the turbo switched off with out any issues.
With the turbo switched on and under load, it’s like a kill switch being switched off and on quickly.

Anyone any ideas how Turbo boost is causing this issue?
Turbo switched off? How are you achieving this? Or do you mean the ECO switch?

Yes the ECO switch, runs fine, with boost engine cuts on and off … 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think we need to know what year your car is? (I think) pre 2017 the ECO mode default was off - so you got full power. So when you switched ECO on; the car becomes a wet blanket and the throttle response is deadened and, I believe maximum rpm reduced it probably also messes with the fuelling and UniAir (valve timing). I don't think it "switches off" the turbo.

Post 2017 I believe ECO by default is on so you have to turn off.

I am wondering if yours has ECO off by default and you are experiencing the ECO effect?? :ROFLMAO:

Alternatively, you have a car with worn waste gate bushes which may give the symptoms you describe but what you say sounds pretty extreme for this.

ECO. Not much to do with the turbo. Its more to do with teh uniair unit.

Eco is ON when the light is ON. If you witch eco on the power drops quite a lot. Are you thinking it switches something ON when the lihgt is on? Have you got this the wrong way around.?

ECO. Not much to do with the turbo. Its more to do with teh uniair unit.

Eco is ON when the light is ON. If you witch eco on the power drops quite a lot. Are you thinking it switches something ON when the lihgt is on? Have you got this the wrong way around.?
Yep, that's what I was trying to say regarding the light.

The turbo will spin come what may and spin proportionately to engine revs. The only control over boost pressure would be via the wastegate which is certainly not going to be proportional - just on off.

There's an old thread on here debating ECO functions but I'm sure it's essentially a remap just damping everything down.

We've a new Panda 4x4 with the eco button it is on by default when you switch it off it's like a different car.

The change isn't subtle.
Piccy attached of the switch in question, it’s a 2013 — 312A2000
That’s an idea on the wastegate stuck as there might be a boost pressure sensor that can cut out the ignition, I’ll have a look, appreciate the reply’s … 👍

Attachments

• IMG_9867.png
    IMG_9867.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 13
Yep, that's what I was trying to say regarding the light.

The turbo will spin come what may and spin proportionately to engine revs. The only control over boost pressure would be via the wastegate which is certainly not going to be proportional - just on off.

There's an old thread on here debating ECO functions but I'm sure it's essentially a remap just damping everything down.
I have put an atricle on here in the Panda resources I think, which explains the Uniair and how it works. If you have a read all becomes much clearer. I always thought it wasnt much to do with fuel mapping as ECO on or off felt totally different and it seemed very hard to work out how to get economy out of the the TA. The power is generated by the valve openings being altered. This is probably combined with eco and power fuel maps. I find there is a lot of fiddling required to get top economy. I also think there have been several iterations of the engine maps as the sifferences between cars is substantial. My 2019 car goes quite well with ECO off but the 2017 was rather slow. Noop can easily keep pace with the 70Hp 1.2 with eco on and can leave them for dead on a hill if its turned off. It would be very interesting to know what has been done to the state of tune and how they did it.

I have put an atricle on here in the Panda resources I think, which explains the Uniair and how it works. If you have a read all becomes much clearer. I always thought it wasnt much to do with fuel mapping as ECO on or off felt totally different and it seemed very hard to work out how to get economy out of the the TA. The power is generated by the valve openings being altered. This is probably combined with eco and power fuel maps. I find there is a lot of fiddling required to get top economy. I also think there have been several iterations of the engine maps as the sifferences between cars is substantial. My 2019 car goes quite well with ECO off but the 2017 was rather slow. Noop can easily keep pace with the 70Hp 1.2 with eco on and can leave them for dead on a hill if its turned off. It would be very interesting to know what has been done to the state of tune and how they did it.
Interesting, is there a way to check what ecu version is current.. 🤔 for sure mines have never been updated from new .. 👍

Interesting, is there a way to check what ecu version is current.. 🤔 for sure mines have never been updated from new .. 👍
I will try and see if there is a visible part number when hte car gets back above water level.... We can compare the two.

Back