General Paint: broom yellow 3 variants

Currently reading:
General Paint: broom yellow 3 variants

Whiley

Established member
right got a broom yellow bonnet to paint, only problem is theres 3 variants of it, the paint name for broom yellow is gianello ginestra... theres a normal shade lighter and greener shade. anyone know which one the cinq is by any chance? :confused:

:yeahthat:
I know of 5 brum yellow cars (2 Mk1 Puntos, a Cinq' and two Sei's), all of them are diffrent shades of yellow & I know 3 of the cars have the same colour code.

:yeahthat: I used to work in a paint factors mixing paint and IIRC there's 1 code for the colour, broom yellow and then the alternative shades are matched by eye to the panel. The cinqs are different shades depending on when they were painted, this is because the paint is bought in in bulk, and although it's supposed to be exactly the same each time, in reality it's not. So each time a factor mixes the paint and it doesn't match they notify the scheme provider, if the scheme provider gets enough "does not match" a shade variant is created that closer matches, hence different paint manufacturers have different numbers of variants available. If you then add fading, which differs between variants, the only way to get a good match is to provide the paint factor with a sample piece of the car. If you haven't got anything broom yellow then you're f**cked and it's gonna be down to luck as to whether it matches the variant/fading.

Back