General One less bug on SORN, one more on the road

Currently reading:
General One less bug on SORN, one more on the road

Finally its back on the road :)

After six years of being parked up and slowly getting overgrown by the hedge the Multipla is back on the road.
Surprisingly most of the electrics, lights, windows, sunroofs etc worked, brakes didn't need much attention but its had a new clutch, cambelt, four new tyres, anti-roll bar links, battery, washer jets, passenger fuse box (dodgy side lights) air bag ecu and rotary coupling (the original reason it got abandoned - light stuck on) and a bit of welding on the outer sill box sections. Pressure washed it off and blacked the faded bumpers and it looks like a different car.
I'm work in motor trade so most parts at cost or from well known auction site - always helps.

Straight through the MOT yesterday, air bag light cancelled :):)

Now taxed and insured and back on the road with just a noisy fan belt tensioner to replace.

Next to do will be cavity wax in box sections, upgraded radio speakers and a good polish outside and clean inside.....

Hopefully should give a few years good service :D:D

Finally its back on the road :)

After six years of being parked up and slowly getting overgrown by the hedge the Multipla is back on the road.
Surprisingly most of the electrics, lights, windows, sunroofs etc worked, brakes didn't need much attention but its had a new clutch, cambelt, four new tyres, anti-roll bar links, battery, washer jets, passenger fuse box (dodgy side lights) air bag ecu and rotary coupling (the original reason it got abandoned - light stuck on) and a bit of welding on the outer sill box sections. Pressure washed it off and blacked the faded bumpers and it looks like a different car.
I'm work in motor trade so most parts at cost or from well known auction site - always helps.

Straight through the MOT yesterday, air bag light cancelled :):)

Now taxed and insured and back on the road with just a noisy fan belt tensioner to replace.

Next to do will be cavity wax in box sections, upgraded radio speakers and a good polish outside and clean inside.....

Hopefully should give a few years good service :D:D
I'm delighted to hear your good news, hope she's still running great, it gladderns my hart, iv'e only seen one or two bugs on the road in the last two years so another one back out from retirement is good news, lots of hard work enjoy the fruits of your labour. Regards Ellbass.

Back