General oldest x19 newbie in town.

Currently reading:
General oldest x19 newbie in town.

myall

Hi to all fiat petrolheads out there. I originally caught the bug in 1988. I have owned my x19 since then. Worn out one engine from new and replaced it around two+ years ago for the american fuel inj. engine without using the fuel inj. Since then it's sat in my dry garage gathering dust.:confused:
I need to replace the water pipes and was considering using copper pipe inserts and soldering these either in situ. or taking an angle grinder to the old supports etc..and replacing. However these supports are in good condition??

Any kind members have any alternative suggestions?Apart from setting it alight and claiming for a new garage and car?:bang::)

Hi,
I recently had to replace the cooling pipes in my X1/9. A fiat club contact had the pipes made up for me in stainless. These were made in two sections with the shortest section being from the radiator just to the start of the tunnel under the car. The sections were then joined by rubber hose joiners. The old pipes (long section) were removed from the rear. It has worked wonders.
Good luck.

Back