General Odd Colour

Currently reading:
General Odd Colour

rosestone

Hey, basically i got my first car and its a fiat punto 1996 1.1 on my registration document it says that shes green but shes not green shes more of a truquoise but not bluey its hard to explain shes truley a rare colour.
i can not find another 5 door punto in the same colour anywhere and i cant find colour coded bumpers any ideas?
take a look at my photos and see if you know the specific name for the colour.
cheers

Hey, basically i got my first car and its a fiat punto 1996 1.1 on my registration document it says that shes green but shes not green shes more of a truquoise but not bluey its hard to explain shes truley a rare colour.
i can not find another 5 door punto in the same colour anywhere and i cant find colour coded bumpers any ideas?
take a look at my photos and see if you know the specific name for the colour.
cheers
What Photos !!:confused:

The DVLA only use a few colours to describe the colours - mostly the common colours.

I'm sure that in the leaflet that comes with the V5C it explains this. (Another example is the Grigorio Steel colour - it's basically metallic grey...but the DVLA have it as silver.)

It's nothing to worry about. Just there as a quick reference when identifying the car (you've got reg and VIN for more accurate identity)

I've seen a few that colour so i belive it is a standard colour, nothing to worry about. Mine is a similar colour but more green - matalic paint(y)
As said above DVLA use simple colour names(y) says mines green also, the other mk1 round the corner is a differnt green also(y)

PuntoPaintcodes.jpg

Here are the codes

Cheers

Think its more Rialto Blue Metallic (code 467)
but also you've got to consider if the car has been painted for any reason in its life cos you never get a perfect 100% match so the colour might be a bit darker or lighter than the original paint

thank you a lot guys ill check the code on my boot lid tonight and ill have a look at the codes thanks alot

It isn't either of the colours in the chart, turquise flash is the same as in my sig, rialto blue is a proper light blue colour.

The one you have rosestone, is called Green Valley and was only used on the 55's (1.1) So if its colour coded bumpers that you are after, you are going to have a job on your hands...or get them pro sprayed to match = expensive (n)

Last edited:
Hahaha. Verde Garden green isn't on the chart... Thats the colour of my punto mk1, only ever seen one like it, was tempted to take the colour coded bumpers off that one and stick them on mine :eek:

Looks like mine is possibly the rarest colour?

It isn't either of the colours in the chart, turquise flash is the same as in my sig, rialto blue is a proper light blue colour.

The one you have rosestone, is called Green Valley and was only used on the 55's (1.1) So if its colour coded bumpers that you are after, you are going to have a job on your hands...or get them pro sprayed to match = expensive (n)

I checked under the boot lid and it is green valley although someone else on the forum has another punto and says it green valley when its clearly blue. Changed a few things on her since last time clear indicators to make her look more flush, sportex exhaust, subwoofer and some decent speakers the standards were shocking and got some borbet alloys going on tommorow, will update when she is done.
hopiing to get colour coded bumpers but if not ill slam her and clean up her paint work and shell look sweeeet either way ;)

Well don't worry too much about it. Fiat is bad at naming colours...

My punto's colour is officially called "Olympus Green". WTF! :)

Well don't worry too much about it. Fiat is bad at naming colours...

My punto's colour is officially called "Olympus Green". WTF! :)

yeah i know Green Valley i thought mine would be along the lines of teal or turquoise but no its Green Valley

Back