General OBD - help me!!

Currently reading:
General OBD - help me!!

DanielSigsgaard

Hi guys
Im new in this forum but I have a urgent issue. Please excuse my english - Im from Denmark :)
I just but a very nice Multipla, 1999, 100 1.6 16v. It is very well kept and drives very good. When you have many kids then the car is extremely practical.
I have noticed a big fuel use. There is a sensor on the very beginning of the exhaustion - in danish its called a "lambdasonde". It measures the outlet of the engine. It has 4 wiring, but on the main plug-connection 2 wires are out of the plug, like if somebody has pulled in the plug.
So before I modify anything I would like to put a diagnostic scanner to my car to see if there are more problems.
I can see that there is a OBD-socket under my steering. I just but a KIWI WIFI interface and REV2 for my iPhone, but it has problems with connecting. Then I bought a scanner U480, but that one can't connect either.
And now I'm desperate. I really would like for the REV2 to work...
Does anyone know what scanner etc that will work for my car? It has the OBD-socket so I should be able to connect to the ECU somehow.
I also just read that on Fiat there are some adapter-plug..but is that necessary when you have a OBD-socket?
When I used the KIWI then I made a WIFI connection and that one is proper set. And when opening the REV2 it finds the Wifi. Sometimes it connects for like 10 secs, and the to disconnect...
As I said - Im a little desperate because I have put in my mind to make it work :)

Daniel

Back