O/T bad week.... Accident

Currently reading:
O/T bad week.... Accident

R

ROBIN

Hello chaps, haven't been on here for a few days, I was involved in traffic accident, which I cam out alot worse, I was cycling on my Marin prionneer trail mtb on Wednesday night, I had lights on and everything even though it was light, when a land rover discovery pulled out on me, I didn't stand a chance, I ended up under it. I was in hospital Wednesday night and at the doctors Thursday, and police station. I have numerous injuries and nam on morphine for the pain as well as ibuprofen. Although I feel extremely lucky as I always wear a helmet and padded gloves as well as some other bits, I have been told that if I was not wearing a crash helmet I would not be here to tell the tale. It safe to say that I am very grateful to be alive but it has hit home just how quick things can happen and makes you realize just how preccious life is, my eldest daughter has been in tears as well as my wife, my son and middle daughter don't really understand what has happened but am pleased to have daddy at home.

My bike is also damaged as is being taken into the bike shop for evaluation.

I am now on a 4 week recovery and know it's gonna be tough going, but I will get through it, I just cannot believe how lucky I am, I am gonna keep my helmet as a reminder of just how lucky I was and have been.

I will not skimp on my next helmet as it is the only thing that protects your head in such a accident, I also will be replacing my gloves, even though they only ripped slightly I only took a chunk out of 1 finger, but if I didn't have my gloves on my hands
Would of been a mess,

Remember kids always wear a crash helmet and protection for your hands when riding you never know when you will need them..

Cheers

Robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

bloody hell mate,sorry to hear :0 but on another note good to hear your ok! Keep your chin up bud :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)
next to do..tensioners..

Chuffing heck mate... glad to hear you are ok though.

Hope you're giving the vehicle driver what's coming to them too...

I always wear a lid too... but always prefer my MTB as I'm full face on that... they don't look so good on a roadie..lol.

I hate seeing kids not wearing lids... or the kids wearing them, but parents not... what is that supposed to teach them?

Anyway, have a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your accident,Hope you recover soon.Just goes to show how much the helmets do. All the best to you and the family

Unfortunately i see a lot of this Robin, and ALWAYS is people in big expensive cars (obviously own businesses) and they seem to think they own the road, take him for everything you can. lost earnings, unpaid mortgage, compensation the works, REALLY play up about it, press charges if you need to.

If it was under it i can tell you now the bike will be a write off, to get a similar spec you'll have to spend more for the 2011 season so make sure you get it!

Hope you're alright n'all chap, glad you're about to tell the tale :)

sig20.jpg

Bad news indeed Robin. Glad to hear you are not seriously hurt - ok, 4 week recovery but it could have been far worse.

Take it easy fella and hope you're feeling better soon.

Longest Serving BOO Member
sigwf.jpg

1997 2.0ltr Fiat Coupe
- FC Performance Chipped
- Widget installed in dashboard
- EBC YellowStuff with 3G Discs

Sorry to here about your accident.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, all the best mate..

F**k me Robin!! Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but really glad you are ok!!

I don't get on here as much as I used to so apologies for the delay in noticing, but really hope you're on the mend and that your family are all coping too.

Take it easy buddy! Knowing you as I do, it will be all your missus can do to keep you laying down and not getting back out on the driveway and tinkering with a car or two! LOL ;)

All the best, my friend :)

Rob
BOO Member since 2002

FIAT History: Tipo DS, Punto TDSX, Punto Sporting, Cinquecento Sporting, Seicento Sporting, Bravo HGT, Marea Weekend ELX
Now residing in the land of Ford.

Thanks for all your support chaps, I do feel alot better today, but my chest is still a little painful, the morphine has now been replaced with a milder pain killer which is a good sign, I managed to stand up yesterday for a total of 20 mins until I was in enough pain for me to sit back down, I am gonna go back to work tomorrow but probably won't be for the whole day but will see how it goes. My bike is still in the shop being looked at :( I hope it's ok I love my bike.

The police and my solicitor has been in touch and the lady that pulled out on me is now saying that she was stationary and that she is just a witness and was not involved. What a liar! I just can't believe it, lucky the police have the CCTV footage of the accident.

I have already got a new crash helmet and can't wait to get back on my bike, and back under a car doing work this time lol.

This weekend was gonna see the wagon have a new front splitter and a few other bits.

Thanks again

Robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

sorry to hear about the accident chap but glad your slowly on the mend hopefully they do the woman good and proper for causing the accident and i hope it sees you nice out of it too

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx
current mileage: 51200
Bigger is
much better

JAN10-1-1.jpg

Another mot done 5 mots and no advisories the old girl is looking good

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm